Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A bit of a shock

Options
  • 08-07-2006 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

So I was coming home from Trim last weekend and felt happy driving behind this avensis, literally all the way from just outside Trim.

We were both doing around 75-80kmh on the roads, but kept getting overtaken by jeeps, cars motorbikes etc. I didn't think much of it at the time as it was expected because anywhere I drive and even at the limit, I either get overtaken, or have headlights flashed at me, and before you say it, my speedo is ok :D.

So as I reached the dual carrageway heading past blanchardstown where the road cuts into two, I decided to overtake the avensis. So seeing as I was in the outside lane overtaking I noticed my speed going over 105kmh. Clearly aware that I was breaking the limit, my intension was to get infront of the avensis and keep it back at 100kmh.
    But in doing this I noticed that there was two Gardai in the avensis, in their shirts. So the first thing I said was "oh sh1t", so I kept going and indicated in back to the left lane and hoped for the best.
    So during thinking what may happen to me for breaking the limit, a BMW e3 whizzed by me on the outside lane.
    Its only after all this and seeing that they were guards that I realised that I had been behind them for ages and we both witnessed over 20 cars overtake us and break the limit.
    So I considered myself as less of a priority if they wanted to do me for speeding.
    I still havn't received anything yet about it, but I does go to show how hidden they can be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Same thing happened to me a few years back on the way to Galway. I went to boot past a Mondeo, saw they were Guards as I pulled alongside, made eye contact and dropped back. I had arranged to meet a friend in Brackens in Kinnegad, a few miles further down the road, for lunch. As luck would have it, the Guards were also stopping in Brackens, walked in ahead of me and sat down at the very next table to my friend. I had no choice but to sit down beside the two Guards, who spent the next ten minutes royally taking the piss out of the expression on my face when I first saw them.

Advertisement