Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ideas for Hen Weekend?

• 08-07-2006 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

Hey, does anyone have any ideas for a hen weekend? We had thought of going abroad but it looks increasingly likely that we will be having it in Oirland. The wedding will be in Kilkenny so don't really want to have it there. We are all based in Dublin and traveling is not a problem for us. Anyone got any good ideas? Thanks;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Pity you don't want it in Kilkenny....my cousin had it there and it was a great weekend. She rented out a load of cottages in the middle of the woods and it was brilliant.

Galway would be a good spot to have it. Great atmosphere, great pubs and beautiful location. You can also all get the train together and start the party then. :)

My sister had hers in Edinburgh. I'd totally recommend that if you were able to go. Get some cheap flights and a cheap and cheerful hotel and you will have a ball. It's a student city so there's plenty of fun and lots of cheap drink. We had a fantastic time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 will'o'wisp

Don't come to galway, I swear i live down here and work in a pub and galway is more like templebar at the weekends the whole of Quay street is just a swarm of hen and stag night parties I have very few friends who will venture out on a saturday night and also alot of the nicer pubs and clubs have strict door polocies when it comes to big groups, usually its not as bad for hen parties but i've met some stag groups on a sunday morning who have ended up drinking in their hotel because they couldn't get in anywhere else!!

If it has to be in Ireland clifden and westport are both good pub towns, and fairly accomodating to hen groups!! Surely it would be as cheap and quick for you all to jump on a ryanair flight to somewhere. Ghent in belguim is a wonderful spot, cheap drink 23 hour drinking laws and I think flights to chaleroi are only 99 cent at the mo!

Anyway let me know how you get and have fun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

My wife had hers at the Bunratty Castle with a lot of friends including some who travelled from the UK.

They had a great time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

My wife and friends had a hotel and spa weekend down the country. Everyone who went has since done the same for their own hen parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 maxruby

I had my hen in Monaghan a little while back.
    Absolutely brilliant.
    6or 7 on Fiday night so went to Leslie Castle. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED if you like good food. And not expensive.
    Everyone else came on Saturday. Went tothe squealing pig.
    Would really recommend Monaghan.:D
    Lovely people (good craic), not to far, and not dear.
    Its only about 1 1/2 hour from Dublin.
    Or if you wanna go the other way. Waterford. There is apartments behind the Tower hotel and they are quite cheap. Very clean, and the staff where lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭loopyloulou

were going here: www.beachhotelmullaghmore.com, the last weekend in sept for a murder mystery weekend, should be a laugh, something different, but then she isnt really into the whole going out getting rat arsed hen night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Goto London, you can rent a fire engine which includes a few strippers who drive around with you the whole time.

That would be cool (Except female strippers instead of male rar)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

damnyanks wrote:
    Goto London, you can rent a fire engine which includes a few strippers who drive around with you the whole time.

That would be cool (Except female strippers instead of male rar)

You can get them in Edinburgh too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Was at a hen in Leitrim last weekend. We stayed in the Ramada hotel at Lough Allen in Drumshanbo about 7 miles from Carrick-on-Shannon. Really reasonable rates (2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite sleeping four only 360 euro for two nights), nice restaurant and bar food, amazing spa and lovely pool and outdoors hot tub. Beautiful views too.

I think there are Ramada hotels in a few places in Ireland and they are one of the few that openly say they welcome hen parties. We went to a Chinese in Carrick on the Saturday night, then to a pub for a while and at half-eleven went on the Moon River. It's a boat which is basically a pub. It has a small dance floor - maybe not the best music ever but the atmosphere was great. The boat comes back in at 1 to let people off if they want to go home and then goes out again till 3. All in all it was a great weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

west cork is the only place, been to two there in the past couple of yrs (in skibereen) and they have been gas nites.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Turps

Hi
    I am getting married next year and was thinking of going to Delphi, it caters especially for weekends and groups and has a bar area on the grounds, it is an adventure activity weekend if you want something adventerous to do between nights out. They can also put on a mini bus to the local town for the local disco (well they used to, check that out.). I have been there a couple of times and had a ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Hey girls, thanks for all the advice to date. The bride has decided that she actually want sto stay around Dublin for the hen weekend due to a number of reasons. I was thinking a day in a spa and then out on the town, can anyone think of a good hen you have been to in Dublin? What did you do for it? We'd be talking second weekend in September so I really need to be getting to Miss Fluff skates on methinks!!! Thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Posh Fizz

Hi Miss Fluff - I'm sure you've organised your hen by now, but for all other hen planners out there check out poshfizz.com for ideas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Karaoke Queen

You should check out Romanza Restaurant in Dublin

Advertisement