Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRA insists Jean McConville was a tout

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭LeinsterPar

look, its been an entertaining few days discussion, but no - theres enough information around for you to find these things out for yourself. It isnt my job to enducate you on what happens in your own country. The PIRA didnt come about for the sole reason of a united ireland. I dont see why I should desperately try to 'prove' that when its common and historical knowledge.

and finally, no I dont. I just wonder at how people can be so confused about the country they live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Basically the "I'm so right I don't have to prove it". I sorry I don't see what you were doing on this thread arguing, you're just stating your opinion and you think don't have to prove it. While I don't doubt there was an aspect to of protecting these communities in the early days that ceased to be relevant early on and cannot be used to defend a 30 year terrorist campaign. And I've noticed you've just avoided answering questions about how terrorist acts liked murdering Mc Conville or blowing up innocents can in no way shape or form be considered "protecting" anyone.

I find it hilarious that someone will come out with bald faced statements like the ones you've come out with and then expected me to run around and prove them.

Oh yes you've won alright.

PS looking forward to your 3rd "last" post on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭LeinsterPar

Oh yes you've won alright.

good to see you've seen the light.

Diogenes wrote:
    PS looking forward to your 3rd "last" post on this thread.
    Please you dont be saying things like that either.
    It's better to report posts as you know.

As for leinster par,he is site banned for being a previously banned user who has re registered.

That is simply not tollerated here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭saoranach

Diogenes wrote:
    Acting to unite an Ireland without checking with the population of ireland?

Republicans have never needed a democratic mandate.

During the troubles the IRA were not perfect, but who else was there for communities to turn to as the RUC were colluding with/leading and manioulating loyalist gangs?

The Provos didnt start the troubles, they grew from the burnt out ashes of houses and streets burnt down by mobs because nationalists dared to demand civil rights and equality.

The Provos were fighting a war, in wars spys are killed.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

saoranach wrote:
    Republicans have never needed a democratic mandate.
    Help me out here. At first blush, this looks like a fairly standard ironic statement from someone who disagrees with the Republican worldview. Reading the rest of your post (and your other) leads me to think otherwise - so what's your point? Are you saying that Republicanism as an ideology is somehow above mere democracy?
    saoranach wrote:
    The Provos were fighting a war, in wars spys are killed.
    ...which adds precisely nothing to the debate. In case you hadn't noticed, the discussion is about whether or not Jean McConville was a spy, so wading in with the blithe assumption that she was - with no evidence or even rationale to support it - is an exercise in futility.

Advertisement