Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help (pc games)!!!

Options
  • 08-07-2006 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

I was hoping that I could find some help here. I have been looking for
    good pc games for quite some time now. I would like some ideas about
    rpg's that anyone has played.
    Here are some key factors required... 3rd person
    Create your own character
    Medievil setting
    ...and also a bit of freedom like choosing which quest to do next etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=648

Best one of the lot gets it own forum.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

firstly if its RPG's... post in roleplaying.. you will get better answers...

secondly what have you played?
    If you have not played neverwinter nights then get the kingmaker edition.. its about €20 and has all the games and expansions with it.. and its free to play online.

elderscrolls also!! morrwind and oblivion. Not 3rd person as such but you can view it as 3rd person.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

I have played Baldurs gate, Diablo 1 & 2 and Lord of the rings: The battle for middle earth 2 if thats any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Dude... GTA, any of the series. GTA:SA is the Elder Scrolls, just set in a more realistic world. You can customize your character and build loads of his stats which will define how he reacts to people in the world and how he performs. Nearly everything is interactable.

The elder scrolls world is bigger. But i'm of the opinion a game can be TOO big. If you have a year free and no real life to lead in the real world the Elder Scrolls will be an excellent substitute :D I played oblivion while I was in college last year because I was in college late during the day and then I worked both days of the weekend. Oblivion was great as I really had no free days, just a few hours each evening. But now i'm out, its too demanding of my time, it will consume you because you LITERALLY build a new life within the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

L31mr0d wrote:
    Dude... GTA, any of the series. GTA:SA is the Elder Scrolls, just set in a more realistic world. You can customize your character and build loads of his stats which will define how he reacts to people in the world and how he performs. Nearly everything is interactable.

But once finished you will never go back unless for some online fun, but Oblivion you dont even have to play it just feck about in it.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

TBH there is a hell of alot more to feck about with in GTA, but its no substitute for a good RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

OK he said Baldurs Gate... Neverwinter nights is set in the same world. If you want to stay more old school style without the 3D then play the Icewind Dale series. However one of the best games ever is Planescape:Torment!! Like baldurs gate but the story etc in this game is amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yup, Neverwinter Nights, the expansions and the millions of mods is ideal. D&D system, same setting as Baldurs Gate, lots of fun to play, easy to get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

thanks for the help, keep em coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Spiderweb Softwares Exile/Avernum series.
    2d and Pseudo 2d top down gaming but it wipes the floor with a lot of modern contenders in terms of storyline, NPC dialogue and sheer playability. Lost years to it in my youth :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

arcanum is supposed to be excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Saruman wrote:
    OK he said Baldurs Gate... Neverwinter nights is set in the same world. If you want to stay more old school style without the 3D then play the Icewind Dale series. However one of the best games ever is Planescape:Torment!! Like baldurs gate but the story etc in this game is amazing!!

Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale (only played the second one) and Planescape are all excellent, but I found NWN lacking replay value as well as being very very short, its about as long as most FPS's, and for a top down RPG I felt a bit cheated, it was an excellent game, but there wasnt enough to it, thinking of buying the new NWN though, "infinate dungeons" which could add some replayability which is badly holding the NWN series back imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

The answer to this topic is:

FALLOUT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Good couple of games to try out when I get my new pc together. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Ah Oblivion ftw - I've 210 hours racked up now and still not bored of it. World Class value for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

deus ex is a good classic rpg, sf type,warcraft 3, frozen throne, has a good story mode, build up a hero,with different powers as you slay enemys,level up,great graphics.There will be a load of mods made for oblivion if you have a good fast pc,needs 1 gig ram at least.Get morrowind too,a good medieval rpg.Released about 2003,from the makers of oblivion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Thread over - Here's instant gratification with a huge demo.

http://www.avernum.com/avernum4/index.html

Avernum 4 by Spiderweb Software

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

gamer wrote:
    deus ex is a good classic rpg, sf type,warcraft 3, frozen throne, has a good story mode, build up a hero,with different powers as you slay enemys,level up,great graphics.There will be a load of mods made for oblivion if you have a good fast pc,needs 1 gig ram at least.Get morrowind too,a good medieval rpg.Released about 2003,from the makers of oblivion.
    planetscape torment is great rpg,with fantastic story and characters,enclave is a good 3d hack,n,slash rpg,different characters have different weapon sets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

I know its not a medievil setting RPG but star wats knights of the old republic is avery good RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I know its not a medievil setting RPG but star wats knights of the old republic is avery good RPG.
    Really enjoyed the first KOTOR, but I found the second one to be really really boring, dont think I even got half way through become bored stiff and uninstalling it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

Vampire the masquerade:Bloodlines i thought was brilliant, buggy but brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

I know the second one was absolute muck was there even an ending to KOTOR2

Advertisement