Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Germany - Portugal

Options
  • 08-07-2006 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Most of my bets on the World Cup so far have been backing "under 2.5 goals" in various matches. It's generally an odds-on bet but it's been very successful for me.

There have been 136 goals in normal time of the 62 matches so far, which is an average of 2.2 goals per match. Will this continue tonight? I doubt it.

For obvious reasons, the third-place play-off is generally a looser than normal match. The last seven of them have all had at least three goals with 1974 being the last one to have less than three. Even though Portugal have been mean in defence and impotent in attack, I think that'll change slightly tonight. (They're missing Carvalho at the back for one thing.) Germany will be up for finishing with a good performance in front of their home crowd.

The over/under 2.5 goals market is currently priced on Betfair as 1.78 for under and 2.26 for over. (So I'd guess it's around 8/11 and 6/5 respectively with the bookies.)

That 2.26 for at least 3 goals looks a good bet to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Crumbs wrote:
    That 2.26 for at least 3 goals looks a good bet to me.
    Return: €2,260,000
    Profit: €1,260,000

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

you must be shitting yourself now!?:p

Advertisement