Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vodafone live on v1240(i-mate sp5)

• 08-07-2006 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

anyone got vodafone live to work on their v1240/I-mate sp5 etc?
    Could it be due to vodafone not seeing as a supported handset?
    Another question is that I cant seem to get mms working either?

Regards

damo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Funny, I've the same phone and I got a notification yesterday that I've been sent an MMS but can't figure out how to download it, either! It keeps trying but failing, even though I entered the O2 MMS settings from the "Settings" sticky on Mobiles/PDA. I did notice that there are other settings to be entered (Windows -> More -> Settings -> Connections -> GPRS) but I didn't think they had anything to do with downloading MMSes?

Damo86, are you on O2 or Vodafone, out of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

I'm on vodafone, I found where to put the mms settings (mail-menu-options-account options-mms-menu-mmsc settings..phew)

The path that you found I believe is for vodafone live, internet isp settings totally seperate from mms

damo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

did you get a vodafone branded handset ?

If so the MMS/WEB/GPRS settings should be on it, also if that was not the case get onto vodafone support and they should have a cabinet file that when executed should put all settings in place.

I have the SP5 and took quite some time to get the settings for O2, I am currently awaiting the O2 XDA IQ ROM to be released in order to have everything need.

Flying,

could you tell me how you got your SP5 to work with GPRS / MMS on O2? I've tried the settings from boards but mustn't have them quite the correct order on the SP5 as I can't get anything to work bar regular texts and phone calls!

To give a reference, this is what I've set up for O2MMS (I'm on SpeakEasy)
    Name: 02 MMS
    MMSC URL: http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002
    WAP Gateway: 62.40.32.40
    Port: 8080 (I had this wrong earlier - but have no reception where I am at the moment to test 8080)
    Connect Via: WAP Network
    Max Sending Size: 100k
    WAP Version: WAP 2.0

Is this what you have for your settings also?

Cheers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

byrnefm wrote:
    Flying,

could you tell me how you got your SP5 to work with GPRS / MMS on O2? I've tried the settings from boards but mustn't have them quite the correct order on the SP5 as I can't get anything to work bar regular texts and phone calls!

To give a reference, this is what I've set up for O2MMS (I'm on SpeakEasy)
    Name: 02 MMS
    WAP Gateway: 62.40.32.40
    Port: 8080 (I had this wrong earlier - but have no reception where I am at the moment to test 8080)
    Connect Via: WAP Network
    Max Sending Size: 100k
    WAP Version: WAP 2.0

Is this what you have for your settings also?

Cheers...

I remember reading somewhere that for WM5 mobiles to work with O2 Ireland's MMS you need to use the WAP 1.2 and not 2.0 settings

• Advertisement

That was it!!! :) WAP 1.2 needed to be set, not 2.0. FYI, the other settings I ended up using were:

Name: O2 MMS
    WAP Gateway: 192.168.90.74
    Port: 9201
    Connect Via WAP Gateway
    WAP Version: 1.2

I also had set up PAYG WAP settings under Settings -> GPRS Connections:
    Connects to: WAP Gateway
    Access point: pp.wap.o2.ie
    User name: gprs
    Password: gprs
    Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0
    Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

I still can't get anything else to work, such as WAP itself under either CSD or GPRS or the Internet under GPRS (I've had my SIM enabled for the latter) but at least this is a start ... I wish O2's settings sender would work, though!

its the vodafone branded one but bought on ebay so has uk settings on it.will have a look for the cab file.
    got the internet gprs to work but still having problems with mms .
    does anyone use this phone on vodafone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Just bought it! Point me in the direction of the settings you need and i'll pass them on.

Hi there

I got the mms working but still have problems with wap
    I need the wap(connections-gprs-wap settings) and wap proxy settings(connections-proxy-wap proxy settings),
    that would be great.Does vodafone live work on it..in full colour etc?

thanks in advance
    damo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

damo86 wrote:
    Does vodafone live work on it..in full colour etc?
    I doubt it
    Vodafone live only works on vodafone live handsets. The browser sends it the handset type and only allows live handsets to browse the live portal.

Also afaik the brower on the v1240 (yep I have one too) is a web browser, not a wap browser so it will load the html page where the website has both.
    i.e google.com detects the browser type and directs to wap site/web site/pda site accordingly .. the v1240 would be directed to the pda site...

MMS should work fine .. does on mine.

BTW selling it if anyone interested ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Well Vodafone Ireland are selling it here:

http://www.vodafone.ie/phonestariffs/ourphones/phonedetails.jsp?mysterons=V1240

Would they sell a phone that doesn't work with their Live system?

Does the Vodafone IE V1240 have different firmware from the UK version?

Internet explorer mobile is defo a wap browser, the above statement is true!
    Not sure about firmware,i guess its the same.
    waiting for timeout to get back to me!

Hmm, I managed to mess up my O2 MMS settings again - typed in those from what I had listed but must have messed with the Proxy or something... Grrr! Can't understand why they made it so complicated...

If anyone knows what I'm missing, please let me know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Right
    Vodafone WAP
    Connects To: WAP Network
    Access point: wap.vodafone.ie
    user name: vodafone
    password: started but guess vodafone
    Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0
    Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
    IP Address:

Proxy - Nothing listed.

Timeout,

are those settings for GPRS WAP for Vodafone or for MMS? I've managed to figure out how to connect to the Internet, MMS and CSD WAP on the V1240 with O2 but I think I've most of the GPRS WAP settings correct (it'll connect), it fails after trying to locate any wap page I give it. If I could get someone's Vodafone Ireland V1240 GPRS WAP settings (and if they use a proxy), I might be able to figure out the O2 GPRS WAP settings from that.

just found out that v1240 doesnt support live!, it uses ordinary wap,
    vodafone sent me exact instructions on how to put the settings.so i will post this when i get.hopefully that should help you out!
    gutted that they dont support live

damo86 wrote:
    just found out that v1240 doesnt support live!, it uses ordinary wap,
    vodafone sent me exact instructions on how to put the settings.so i will post this when i get.hopefully that should help you out!
    gutted that they dont support live

Cool - look forward to getting them! It shouldn't be so complicated to get a phone set up... Once I have your settings and sort out out the final parts on mine, I'll post mine also. I also got email going last night (well, O2.ie, anyway).

Hi guys (particularly byrnefm!)

Heres setting instructions attached below

regards

damo

damo86 wrote:
    Hi guys (particularly byrnefm!)
    Heres setting instructions attached below
    Superb! I'll have a close read through these tonight and see if I can finally work out the remaining O2 settings and report back here. I really think these should be added to the Operator Settings sticky, seeing as this stuff is so hard to figure out by trial and error!

Advertisement