Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winamp Variable bitrate mp3 problem

• 08-07-2006 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi, I'm not sure do others have this problem in winamp 2.xx when playing variable bitrate mp3's. The problem is that if I attempt to skip through the mp3 the playing of the song just begins from the start again. As far as i know this problem is with all the old versions of winamp (prior to version 5.xx). Does anyone know a solution to the problem that doesn't require me to update to version 5.xx? Or maybe there's a better lightweight mp3/wma/ogg player available for windows thesedays?

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Paulj wrote:
    Or maybe there's a better lightweight mp3/wma/ogg player available for windows thesedays?

Thanks in advance! :)

www.mediamonkey.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I really like winamp, but it's dead. Using amorak these days, but I *think* it's linux only still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Right on a side note...but still important to me anyway.

I have created M3U files for EVERY album I have and was wondering if a player exists that would just make an Alphabetical link of those M3U files from which I can then pick the album I need?

If anyone can help me out I would be very gratefull as those automatic playlist generators make a complete mess of my library.

Thanks in advance!

Edit:
    After a little playing around I found:
    Imported M3U Playlists option

MediaMonkey is probable the most convenient player/library manager I have ever used!

Great find and far more responsice than WinAmp!

Advertisement