Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long to activate

• 08-07-2006 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭

I finally got my line to pass the bb test :cool: and decided to get bt :eek: (yea i know but there the cheapest). I got the modem today and set it up ok i then go to the log in page and it says that the details are incorrect or the account is not active. Does anyone know how long this will take, or do i have to do anything else, thanks for your help in advance.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Try calling tech support.

I don't think anyone here can tell you if your account is active or you're just putting in the wrong details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Are you getting a solid DSL light on the modem?
    Make sure you're entering your username/password correctly. Remember you have to add "@btbb" at the end of your username so it looks like "yourname@btbb".
    Also try the default Eircom user/pass:
    User: eircom@btbb
    Pass: broadband1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

kaizersoze wrote:
    Are you getting a solid DSL light on the modem?
    Make sure you're entering your username/password correctly. Remember you have to add "@btbb" at the end of your username so it looks like "yourname@btbb".
    Also try the default Eircom user/pass:
    User: eircom@btbb
    Pass: broadband1
    thanks for the reply
    the dsl light is solid & i tried the entering the password username loads of times. so im nearly sure its activated. btw its bt not eircom

Dermot2468 wrote:
    thanks for the reply
    the dsl light is solid & i tried the entering the password username loads of times. so im nearly sure its activated. btw its bt not eircom
    I know:) . The Eircom details sometimes work on BT aswell. It's all the same BB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Dermot2468 wrote:
    thanks for the reply

If the DSL light is solid most likely its a typo in your settings re check all the isp settings could be as simple as your username password.. make sure you type it exactly as its printed on your welcome sheet... try not to mix up any zeros with o's etc.. blah d blah etc etc

• Advertisement

which welcome sheet, the only info i got from them is how to set up the router and their t&c's

Dermot2468 wrote:
    which welcome sheet, the only info i got from them is how to set up the router and their t&c's
    There isn't one with BT. Your user/pass are given at sign up only. Give them a ring.

i may wait till tomorrow but its so annoying having to use dial up when im sitting looking at a broadband router

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Why wait until tomorrow if you want to be online now o_O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Yeah just ring them and ASK if you user/pass is activated..

Makes sense doesnt it!

• Advertisement

their customer care is closed today

rang them today turns out omar or kumar or what ever his name is put in the wrong password. any who me has broadband now

Advertisement