Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fed up!?

• 08-07-2006 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hey, basically my gf is away for the summer, and has been for the past few weeks. as a result im lovin this new found freedom, going out on a whims notice and not making plans two weeks in advance, living for the moment so to speak. im not really looking forward to seeing her when she comes back tbh. i know that sounds awful but thats how i feel and when im out and getting eyed up or whatever im loving it. one part of me is saying 'would you not prefer to end it and have some fun' and the other is saying be faithful. i dont know what to do. should i tell her im fed up and want to end it or hang on until she arrives home? im in limbo and feeling really low about myself

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Millie1

Wait til she comes home before u make a definite decision or u may find that you've made the wrong choice! I had a similar situation recently and was dreading him coming back, but as soon as I saw him all that doubt went away and I was glad I didn't do anything rash....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Relax and dont make any decisions until she gets home, it would be very wrong of you to mess around with someone while she was away. Have a chat with her when she gets back and tell her what you are thinking, maybe you need a bit more space in the relationship. It can still work out fine that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

I endorse going with your gut, it's equally likely that if you decide to stick it out you could wind up resenting for "holding you back" so to speak. And if you stick with her then decide you're not into you're really just setting her up for serious hurt down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Finish then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

If you're going to finish with her just have the decency to tell her first before you get up to mischief. She may be feeling the exact same and it wouldn't be fair to hold her back either if she is tempted too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Miss Fluff wrote:
    If you're going to finish with her just have the decency to tell her first before you get up to mischief. She may be feeling the exact same and it wouldn't be fair to hold her back either if she is tempted too ;)

Ditto, besides, your "freedom" now may feel great, but you'd be amazed what you might feel when you see her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Lone Wolf

I was in a similar situation about 4 years ago, its difficult to decide what to do, you really enjoy the freedom you have. I came to the decision that I was going to break up with her but I didnt feel it was fair to do when she was half way around the world, so I waited out the final month until she got back.

I told her face to face and both of us were glad it was done that way as apposed to a phone call or email. I know I didnt have any feelings of resentment from being held back & afaik she didnt either.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

I endorse going with your gut, it's equally likely that if you decide to stick it out you could wind up resenting for "holding you back" so to speak. And if you stick with her then decide you're not into you're really just setting her up for serious hurt down the line.

Gotta agree with that.

Long distance relationships are hard. HARD. Been there. In my opinion, unless you're older and the relationship is a serious goer, long distance is a mistake.

Say you need a break. She means alot to you but you need to re-evaluate the situation. Tell her you'll be here when she gets back and ye can talk about it then.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

what she dont know cant hurt her, it might make things clearer too

Advertisement