Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EUReKA

• 08-07-2006 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Anybody heard about this show coming out in the states in the middle of the month.

http://www.scifi.com/eureka/

Don't know about anybody else, but there seems to be a real vacuum for on TV lately for a really good sci-fi show, do you think it will deliver the goods?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

just watching the pilot now on sky one.

has something of an x-files feel to it, but i can't see it lasting long. only because it seems limited to one town and american audiences are fickle like that.

otherwise i think it's a show that shows great promise.
    great cast too.
    greg germann, rob labelle and matt frewer (with a south african accent) to name but a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

tried watching it there, jaysis i couldnt follow it at all and I am a lost and prison break fan!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Kaiser_Sma

Nah if your gonna make a science fiction show, it has to have a reasonable premiss for breaking so much scientific common knowledge besides excessive special effects. Other wise your hard core nerd culture won't latch on to it.

Science rarely results in special effects in my experience.

The whole show makes no logical sense, it's just fanciful pap. The characters aren't orginal or interesting enough to warrent another season, but that said alot of similar shows have got one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's braindead, but it's shiny. so I'm gona keep watching until it just gets awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

Mordeth wrote:
    it's braindead, but it's shiny. so I'm gona keep watching until it just gets awful.

Dito

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Well the thing about it is, its a kinda Sci-Fi/Comedy/drama type thing. Its notr pure comedy and its not Drama. Its more light harted. Seen the first 3 eps there. Looks like it could be as Mordeth said. A bit of the braindead. Still better than surface or Invasion :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Ok, I think we're all in agreement then.
    We're sceptically and cautiously expecting it to suck, but we'll go along for the ride until it makes us want to eat our remote controls as penance for watching it...

I keep missing the first hour of the pilot, its just being repeated endlessly on Sky One (usually a good sign that sky thinks it will be popular) but from what I've seen it does indeed look ok. Though, from what I've heard, the second episode sounds like it will break the proverbial sci-fi camel.

In fact, I'm not sure I liked the whole talk from the first episode
    About creating tachiyon particles, which would destroy the laws of physics and thus bring the universe crashing down on itself. Now, I'm no quantum physicist but this just sounds like pure boulderdash.

Still, I await with child-like anticipation for some decent sci-fi series, this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

Been keeping up with this show and it looks like one of thoose shows that if it's on you will watch it but would not bother planning ahead to view. A show like that can drag on for a long time, depends how expensive thier special effects are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gaius

I actually have been following that show closely and I feel like it's a very original and lighthearted show. It is great to relax and doesn't take itself too seriously.
    It also has really funny stories, something crazy always happens. I would recommend it, especially if you are into Sci-fi.

But that's my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 podcast411

I just interviewed Colin Ferguson on my show. We talked about the future of Eureka, Jo, the reason for the order of release of the shows and a whole lot more.

You can find the interview at:

http://www.podcast411.com

I hope you like the interview.

Rob @ podCast411

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just watched the season finale last night. I won't spoil it for people who haven't seen it, but it was a fun episode to end the season, with a nice 'WTF' twist towards the end to draw people into season 2.

Season 2 was greenlit this week, so it will be back next summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 micro-ice

do i detect a bit of a firefly background in your mordeth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 micro-ice

mordeth from your shiny comment, do i detect a bit of a firefly background

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is shiney and far to apple pie and home town usa with gadgets.
    Too bright and sacerine for my tastes, I watch hoping that something nastys screws them all over and thier little dog too.

Advertisement