Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Young driver - Where can I get the best quote

Options
  • 09-07-2006 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Hello, I have my full licence for over a year now. I have never been insured before so no no claims bonus. Im looking at a quote for a 1.4.

Wheres the best place? Ive already tried Brittons insurance.... quote was €1511 on a Rover 414.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Quinn Direct are the best for young drivers at the moment in my opinion.

AXA also insure young drivers for rip off rates as do Hibernian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

€1703 with Quinn direct. An extra €192 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

FBD are usually great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Britton were the best for me anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

Yeah, I know they used to be great alright if you had farm insurance aswell but I didn't think they were good standalone.

Ill give them a try anyways though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Cheapest: Quinn
    Best: Hibernian

Your mileage may vary. Insurance is a funny thing. Ring around, play them off each other and get the best quote you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I'm 19 and with Axa. While they maye be expensive, IMO, they give the best all round package. Mightn't stay with them come renewal time, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

FBD won't look at you without 2 yrs no claims. I have to say an extra €150 will be well worth it if you need to claim. I'm with Hibernian for 4 years (22) and had to claim last year - had everything sorted in 10 minutes - had a replacement car in 2 hours while mine was getting repaired. My mate had a crash and claimed his insurance (Quinn Direct) and it took over a month to get the paperwork sorted - meanwhile he had no car. Just something to think about. Also includes 24hr roadside assist, windscreen, EU cover, And the option of Motorists Legal Protection - for €25 you can't get sued for personal injury etc

Advertisement