Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical card

Options
  • 09-07-2006 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hope this is in the correct forum.

Hello, im doing a fas course at the moment and I get an allowance of 165 a week + accomodation allowance. Im living at home with my parents but I get accom allowance because I stay away for a few days of the week.

Am I entitled to a medical card and how can I go about getting one?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try asking in the Distance/Part-Time forum. I reported this thread to be moved so you wont have to repost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I happen to work in MC...:)

Anybody on a CE scheme or FAS etc is entitled to a card even if they are over the guidelines...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

HavoK wrote:
    I happen to work in MC...:)

Anybody on a CE scheme or FAS etc is entitled to a card even if they are over the guidelines...

Brilliant, so what do I have to do now and how long should it take to process. Is it for a year that you get it or do you lose it immediately when you go back working?

Cheers.

Its for the duration of the scheme, the MC process is different depending on the county - well, essentially its the same, but speed wise - but it would probably be between 2 - 4 weeks from time of visiting your local CWO to being granted a card.

You have to get an application form, follow the instructions on it, and return it to your local community welfare office, the process might be slightly different in your area though so make sure to contact the local office and they'll tell you.

What local office do I need to contact. I am based in Mayo and how do I find out where my CWO is?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Offices won't be open till tomorrow anyway, so when I get to work I'll get their number for you tomorrow morning, they will tell you all you need to know about applying and your CWO. :)

HavoK wrote:
    Offices won't be open till tomorrow anyway, so when I get to work I'll get their number for you tomorrow morning, they will tell you all you need to know about applying and your CWO. :)

Thanks a million HavoK. This is really appreciated an awful lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/service_finder/

If you look in category 'health centres' this will tell you where you CWO is and give you all the contact information

Mayo Community Care: 094 90 42229

Just give them a ring and ask for the Medical Card section. :)

HavoK wrote:
    Mayo Community Care: 094 90 42229

Just give them a ring and ask for the Medical Card section. :)

Thanks a mill HavoK. Greatly appreciated. :)

Ill ask Mary Harney to give you a pay increase for working out of hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement