Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate me 'Scope?

Options
  • 09-07-2006 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Just bought this one, not got it yet but next week it'll be settled on my Steyr .270, to replace my old trusty (fecked up) Bushnell Trophy. I'm just wondering if anyone else had tried one or if they were any good? I'm usually not in favour of Parallax adjusting, external turreted, illuminated scopes. For the money though I had to give her a try :)

My favourites would be like my auld lads 6 be 42 Swarovski or other fixed powers 'scopes by Schmidt&Bender or Doktor Optic etc. ;)

Anyways, this is the link to where I got this one, any thoughts lads?

http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?p=340306#post340306

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Looks like a good copy allright.Thing is with Chinese stuff is,if it is the 1st,2nd 3rd up to about the 10th try in producing things,they can be really rough end products.Things I wont buy anymore are Chinese tools.They wont take the abuse a Western made tool will take at twice the price.Yet,their copies of western guns,I would have no problem with.Shows the Chinese communist mindsetof pirorities maybe?They can make exellent copies of firearms,yet cant make a decent set of sockets.
    So I would assume that this copy wont take the abuse a Bushnell will at twice the price.It's all your pirorities,no problem for knocking down tin cans or bunnies.But would you want it for the once in a lifetime trophy shot???Thats not to say a Zeiss or S&B wont fail at that moment,but the chances are less so.Seems good money for what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

Cheers mate!

I'm not really getting out at all lately, little two year old at home is too much fun atm to be bunking off to the mountains without him :) I just want something to replace my Trophy for the time being, my auld fella has done something weird to my turrets and now they don't click any more :mad: I swear, you'd think having been a Gun Dealer he'd leave my scope alone!

Anyways, if this gets me back out even for zeroing it'll be a bit of a buzz :) I'm not really going to be going for trophies (always shot for meat anyway, big heads mean a big carry back to the car!) and for the price it's worth a punt :)

I'll zero when I get it, maybe bring the wife and No. 1 Son, take a few piccies and post a review. I promised Rapidboy (the Seller) I'd let him know how she fared out either way, he and his mates are mainly air rifle users I think?

A day you let fly a few RWS Cone Points is better than any day you don't anyways! Damn I miss the smell of burnt powder :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Let us know how it checks out,if you do decide to buy it.:)

Custom blade forum eh??Must drop over for a look.;)

Advertisement