Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to watch the WC final?

Options
  • 09-07-2006 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Wouldnt mind heading in to somewhere where a lot of French/Italians will be watching the game. Anyone have any suggestions where would be a good place to go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Rossonero

La Taverna De Basso in the Italian quater.

There was an article in the herald about it. Has been packed to the rafters all Italy games so far.
    Commentary is in Italian!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

italian quarter? where is this place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

It's accross ha'penny bridge and take a left (I think) when crossing onto the north side of the liffey. Open to correction on that one, but near the back of jervis shopping centre and the luas stop there.

Best place imo to watch the game is sinnotts under stephens green shopping centre, across the road from the gaite theatre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

DubGuy wrote:
    It's accross ha'penny bridge and take a left (I think) when crossing onto the north side of the liffey. Open to correction on that one, but near the back of jervis shopping centre and the luas stop there.

Best place imo to watch the game is sinnotts under stephens green shopping centre, across the road from the gaite theatre.

I tried to go to Sinnotts for an England game but it was jammers and they werent letting anyone in so I'd expect the same for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Rossonero wrote:
    La Taverna De Basso in the Italian quater.

There was an article in the herald about it. Has been packed to the rafters all Italy games so far.
    Commentary is in Italian!

i read in the star i think it was, that if italy win there's free wine for everyone.

the owner is over at the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Too late now, but I suppose the answer would have to have been Rome! :)

Advertisement