Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help:sideways MAME games

Options
  • 09-07-2006 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I've got a MAME emulator with loads of arcade games on it. The problem is half the games are made for "cocktail" cabinets meaning they have to be played at 90 degree angles. Basically the only way to play them properly would be to turn my monitor on its side. Does anyone know of a way of making them appear normally?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

If you have an ATI graphics card the lates Catalyst drivers actualy allow the screen image to be rotated - that might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Press tab in game and set it the right way :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

KdjaC wrote:
    Press tab in game and set it the right way :)

kdjac
    Which option do you choose to set it the right way?

I have a few games for MAME but this sideways thing is only happening for one of the games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There is a command line you can use before mame starts up that displays the game in non sideways format :)

I recommend against turning your monitor on it's side. I wrecked my last one that way when I wanted to relive Mercs.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Just found how to do it there.

Its "-norotate". The full command to type is:

mame32 gameName -norotate

Then you should be suckin diesel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement