Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free 3D PC Games (Do read)

Options
  • 09-07-2006 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

jimi_t wrote:
    I was incredibly impressed by Escape from Castle Wolfenstein (the free online FPS) and I was wondering is there anything of this quality around. I haven't bought games for the PC in a long while and I'd like to see what good, well supported freeware is out there.

I'm mostly interested in FPS's, Fast paced racing games, 3D Platformers/shoot 'em ups and flight/space based games - the more epic the better. Any suggestions folks (and I'm aware of HOTU and the whole abandonware scene already).

I'm afraid the mods closed this out of sheer complacency or maybe I wasn't being clear.

I'm aware of the sticky at the top of the forum, just as I'm aware of the HOTU and the whole abandonware scene. This isn't what I'm looking for.

I'm not looking for oldies, or games that have been re-released by the original publishers. I'm looking for 3D freeware/newly developed games which are either stable as a rock or with an active scene.

What I'm especially interested in are games that have been developed on game engines that have been released into the public domain, e.g.Freespace Mods (Babylon 5 Mod for example), Escape from Castle Wolfenstein. The closest I've found to this in the list above are mods for the original Quake/DOOM :rolleyes:

Any suggestions

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement