Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Text message from +35386*******

• 09-07-2006 3:14pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've recently recieved some txt messages from the above number and another number . The body of the message reads"" , Now I erased both messages , but have now found them in my saved messages folder .

Any Ideas ????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Seanmcn

What make is your phone?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Seanmcn wrote:
    What make is your phone?

It's a sonyericsson K750i .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

anyone gonna chance ringing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

If id my phone beside me Id give it a ring on private number. Thats the normal thing to do with a number you dont recognise.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

The other number was 35386******* and the txt read "" ..

Both numbers seem to be out of service .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Seanmcn

Yes this is strange, maybe give o2 a call and ask about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I got the same recently over the last couple of days.

Although, at the time I had somewhere around 300 txt's in my inbox and another hundred or so in my sent messages. I deleted a load of them and Havn't had it happen since. (I have no limit on txt storage but once you go over the hundred or so it can get slow scrolling through them :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Sounds like some kind of weird Symbian OS virus (I'm pretty sure this is the OS of the Sony Ericsson Phones) and IDs for text messages aren't that hard to fake either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

that could be someones personal number id take it of boards mods might not like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

something similar happened to me
    when someone sent me a msg with a one of those little pictures
    from a nokia phone to my phone( which is not nokia)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Could be some one trying to send you a business card .. but I think the sony ericssons can read nokia business cards... Motorolas cant for sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Achilles wrote:
    Sounds like some kind of weird Symbian OS virus (I'm pretty sure this is the OS of the Sony Ericsson Phones) and IDs for text messages aren't that hard to fake either.

The k750i doesn't run Symbian.

Sounds like a message sent with a feature that your phone doesn't support, but you probably know that yourself, i.e somebody sending an old Nokia OTA picture message to your SE.

Other then that, don't know what it might be...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

HavoK wrote:
    The k750i doesn't run Symbian.

Ok fair enough was in a sleep deprived haze when I wrote that, and didn't do any research was just taking an uneducated guess :P

Advertisement