Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor Auctions

Options
  • 09-07-2006 3:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭

just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with these auctions, and if so what are they like?

there is one in a town near me, thinking of going as im buying a car in the next few weeks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

I've bought two cars from a registered auction company, the first was a great little runner and the one i have now was bought over three years ago, besides the general service, the car has done me proud.

A few things to note when going to an auction, if you know nothing about cars, bring someone who does, also be prepared for the auctioneer to favour garage owners, they are regulars there, they buy and sell ALOT of cars in auctions. Also note that you might find some people within the crowd there just to help the bidding get started, just to raise the prices up for the auctioneer and owner of the vehicle. Dont bid if you are unsure about really wanting the vehicle, once the anvil goes down and the seller agrees the price, the vehicle is yours! You must pay!

Always read the small print!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

Isn't it true though that you can't test drive the cars or am I completely mistaken?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

yeah well id be bringing my da, he used to be a mechanic.

and as for not being able to test drive, id only buy a car with a f/s/h.

are cars alot cheaper at auctions?

Advertisement