Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prey

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

it is certainly no doom3/quake4 clone, never got bored.
    puzzles were excellent and never got tiring.
    music was excellant, like that out of a film.
    visuals were amazing.

this game had a lot of polish, everybody should buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Why are you immortal though. Its a nicely polished game but its like playing a game with God mode on....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

because people save every few steps anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

vishal wrote:
    it is certainly no doom3/quake4 clone, never got bored.
    puzzles were excellent and never got tiring.
    music was excellant, like that out of a film.
    visuals were amazing.

this game had a lot of polish, everybody should buy.

Polish doesnt sell me a game, I am half way through prey, yes it is far better than quake or doom, but the puzzles?

"oh look, unlike the usual linear gameplay, I have come to a dead end with no (one) way to go, oh what will I do? turn into spirit and see a walkway, and a button on the other end W0OT!!! I have the L337 puzzle solving skillz00rz!!!11"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Why are you immortal though. Its a nicely polished game but its like playing a game with God mode on....

i have to agree with this, i was very lazy at some fights..

Oh you have killed me...wait 30 seconds...AHA! I am back with full health and...oh you killed me again...AHA! back again...

Esp on the first boss, i actually didnt notice the skillful way of killing him until i already had him down to near death from dieing killing spirit wraiths, coming back and arrowing the F*cker in spirit mode.
    because people save every few steps anyway

But i didnt, in most games i forget to save cause i get engrossed, so it did feel like god mode to me.

Also there is a difference between saving and having to refight a monster, to dieing coming back and continueing said fight with monster half wounded (only one boss got around this.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

Finished this game last night and I was reasonably pleased with the whole package. I liked the whole gravity walk thing and, although the story starts slowly, I really got into it as it went on, especially at the end. I don't wana ruin it for anyone, but I really felt for Tommy as the game progressed and I wouldn't really call it a happy ending, which is good.

Having said this there defo are better FPS games out there. I say wait for this bad boy to simmer for a while and drop in price. Then go into game and get it as part as a 2 for 40 euro promo or something.

OMG!

You've got my avater!!!

KILL!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Just finished it yesterday. I enjoyed it. The gravity and portal stuff brought a new element to the FPS genre. Some gameplay elements were too repetitive, for example: the shuttle thing was overused. The spirit world should have been a lot harder (ie possible to lose). I liked the weaponry, especially the lighning cannon :D The bosses were too easy, in fact all the combat was too easy. The hidden radio broadcasts were great. The puzzles were surprisingly easy. The graphics were very impressive (although I was lucky enough to have played the whole thing on a 46 inch plasma). 8.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

It took almost a decade to make, and it can be finsihed in 10 hours? And it doesn't use an original engine? Anyone else see something wrong there?

It didnt take a decade to make...The premise and parts of the plotline was written over 10 years ago, but the game was scrapped, until about just over a year or so ago, when 3d realms brought in Human head (is that right?) to develope the game while they continue working (nothing) on doom forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I beat it after 6 hours. Personally I think it wasn't worth the money I shelled out for it.

Game graphics, portals + gravity excellent twists on it. As is the spirit world stuff.

But the god mode part to the game ruins it. Running low on health/mana just let something kill you and hey presto back to full health.

If your going to buy it I would hold off until its in the bargin bin. Not worth the full price for the amount of gameplay in it.

Dreamfall has even less gameplay then this but actually felt worth the money after playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

It was worth finishing just to hear the song on the end game credits! What a great tune! FYI, the band who wrote it are "After Midnight Project" and the song is called "Take me home".

Edit: Linky link

Advertisement