Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help

Options
  • 09-07-2006 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

I don't know if anyone noticed but durkins shut off the water on friday afternoon for a few hours..
    and ever since we've had an airlock in our hot water tank (at the pump i think) and i can't get it out...
    I'm up in the crescent, and ballymore are telling me to ring wyse, rang wise they said its nothing to do with them because the builders shut off the water. They said to ring back the builders and ballymore told me to get in contact with durkins etc etc etc...
    long story short i still have an airlock in the system.

Does anyone know how to get it out or is anyone a plumber that wouldnt mind lending a favour!!

Cheers in advance guys...
    Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Hey guys,

I figured out how to fix this...
    basically because of the airlock the water pump wouldnt pass it through so what needed to be done was turn on the hot water tap in the kitchen and loosen the inlet and outlet pipes on either side of the pump and water should flow...
    You will here the air spewing out of the pipes and the waterpump will kick on and off repeatedly...
    It took me about 4 hours to bleed all of the air outta the system and now its working.
    Much better than paying €80 an hour for a plumber.

If anyone has the same problem let me know and ill lend a hand...
    thanks,

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

Fair play to ya Matt - we should set up a list of good lend-a-handers;)

Advertisement