Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Revo...!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Well I bit the bullet. Let us know how you get on with your new 3.3.

When I was lookin through your pics I thought that those wheels looked bleedin poxy, but I must say the finished product looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

BFassassin wrote:
    i was on about the blue cylinder. is there really a need for one though. i dont have one on my revo. also is the new air filter good i dont really like the way you have to clean and re-oil the stock one

Very Important to use a Fuel Filter,
    Picture this scenario.
    You are out having fun in a field with your Nitro RC.
    use a tankfull.. use another one.. Now the Truck is getting dusty. you need to open the fuel cap to refill when one or two tiny particles of dust/sand falls in to the tank without you noticing...:o
    The same particles work their way up the fuel line and in through the carburator...and into your lovely shiny cylinder when suddenly it works its way down the side of the piston and.... :eek:
    Engine trashed...
    Picture the same scenario with a fuel filter fitted.. ;)

All Air filters must be cleaned and oiled..but that is a simple 2 minute job.. Soak it in nitro and oil it up again...Done in a flash :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

wahey its done :) my lieks tho the green on the shell... I dont like ;-/ i would of liked it if it was evil green like the wing and fuel line, then had blue like the a arms, and finaly yellow stipes between the blue and green, alas, like the tires :)
    thats just my opinion, over all, its still very nice :) good job

Well I bit the bullet. Let us know how you get on with your new 3.3.

When I was lookin through your pics I thought that those wheels looked bleedin poxy, but I must say the finished product looks amazing!

Well done on the 3.3 ;)

Yeah. I was unsure about the wheels myself but i had a good idea in my mind which way I was headed so could visualize the end result.;) and as you said. when it all came together it worked out ok. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

vectra wrote:

All Air filters must be cleaned and oiled..but that is a simple 2 minute job.. Soak it in nitro and oil it up again...Done in a flash :D
    soak in nitro but that stuff is a rareity around here.
    i might have to get a fuel filter then i dont want a new engine just yet

• Advertisement

Flunked wrote:
    wahey its done :) my lieks tho the green on the shell... I dont like ;-/ i would of liked it if it was evil green like the wing and fuel line, then had blue like the a arms, and finaly yellow stipes between the blue and green, alas, like the tires :)
    thats just my opinion, over all, its still very nice :) good job

Yup.
    I thought the green was going to be more like the Hyper 7 spoiler so I was a bit dissapointed when it arrived.:o
    So I decided then to just go one color all over. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

not mad about the color, just not my thing. i would have tried to get some of the shade on the spoiler worked into it aswell as the one on it. nice truck though. i'm thinking of trying something a bit diff with a bodyshell. i wanna get a snakeskin type effect on it.

BFassassin wrote:
    soak in nitro but that stuff is a rareity around here.
    i might have to get a fuel filter then i dont want a new engine just yet

Do you ever have a drop left in the bottle after an outing? Maybe that little drop you sucked out of the tank? use that ;)

Alternatively.. I guess you could give it a goo soaking with WD40 .. then squeeze it out..repeating this a few times should do the job..then add a few drops of filter oil.;)

not mad about the color, just not my thing. i would have tried to get some of the shade on the spoiler worked into it aswell as the one on it. nice truck though. i'm thinking of trying something a bit diff with a bodyshell. i wanna get a snakeskin type effect on it.

Well. if anyone on here is thikning of Putting the same shell as I did...Think again.. :(
    I wondered why that particular one is not that popular on Revo's
    If I wanted it to fit 100% I would have to remove the roll bar as it hits the roof of the shell...But to remove that is a No No for me.. :p

get a pro-line crowd pleaser, use that one as a basher
    give the corwd pleaser a real fancy paint job and let it be for the speed runs ans shelf queen monets :P

• Advertisement

Flunked wrote:
    get a pro-line crowd pleaser, use that one as a basher
    give the corwd pleaser a real fancy paint job and let it be for the speed runs ans shelf queen monets :P

F*KK that..
    Another 50 or 60 euro on a shelf queen..!! :eek:

Would prefer to get more hopups first.. :D

:P theres not a whole lot more you ne.... oh wait get some big bore shocks!!
    come to think of it.
    make a huge ramp to test all your parts out on, make sure it has kick in it for soem extra air and blackflips :)

I didnt mean use the same shell, just a paint job im thinking of for whatever shell i get. thinking along the lines of sticking the shell inside some fish net tights and taping it down then spraying orange/purple fade. then when its dry take it out and should be left with the pattern of the nets still pintless and then just spray it black. thats the basic idea anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

vectra wrote:
    F*KK that..
    Another 50 or 60 euro on a shelf queen..!! :eek:

Would prefer to get more hopups first.. :D
    Opps:eek:
    Thats a bad word vectra, weres fobia when you need him:D
    Only buzzin.

I didnt mean use the same shell, just a paint job im thinking of for whatever shell i get. thinking along the lines of sticking the shell inside some fish net tights and taping it down then spraying orange/purple fade. then when its dry take it out and should be left with the pattern of the nets still pintless and then just spray it black. thats the basic idea anyway.

I think you would find that the Tights would get stuck with the paint.. and probably even melt.:eek:

I've tried it before on the case of my playstation a few years ago and it worked. granted it'll be a it harder with the concave shape to be painted but shouldnt be too hard. im sure i'll probly change my mind anyway, i might just go with a variation of the paintjob i done on the porsche GT3 shell i have for the car. silver on the bottem half with luminous green on top with an angle meeting line.

alot of people do carbon fiber look using mesh, aha! if i can be arsed to paint a shell for my buggy theres gonna be carbon fiber in it :)

is this MORE blue hop ups? I think it is :P Skid-plates FTW!
    http://www.rchopups.co.uk/item--Complete-Skid-Set-Blue-with-Black-Bumpers-Revo--RevoSkids%28B%29.htmlbut that not all
    what about these?
    http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMHZ1&P=Z
    ah while your at it...
    get some big bore shocks (cant find link)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

Is it just me or does no page load on www.rchopups.co.uk ?

yes :) and is it just me that my post count drpped about... ~80 posts XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

no everyones post count has been changed some people have lost thousands and others have gained posts. i think vectra has

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

looking good chief, I'm glad it's not all ally'd up like a show pony, have you noticed much of a difference in performance?

2 Espressi wrote:
    looking good chief, I'm glad it's not all ally'd up like a show pony, have you noticed much of a difference in performance?

Hiya Bud.
    Yeah... i decided to leave the shiney Alloy to my son ..:D

Performance..??
    I should certainly hop there will be a huge boost in performance after coming from a 2.5r to a 3.3 engine.. Supposed to be a 60% increase in power I think..;)

yesh, vectras went up, a few hundred XD Alloy is great and strong, but it bends and doesnt bend back :(

Flunked wrote:
    yesh, vectras went up, a few hundred XD Alloy is great and strong, but it bends and doesnt bend back :(

Yeah, I thought it was my birthday and someone gave me some post counts.. :D

Alloy bends yes.. BUT,,, Usually it bends AFTER what it is attached to breaks first...!! :eek:

vectra wrote:
    Yeah, I thought it was my birthday and someone gave me some post counts.. :D

Alloy bends yes.. BUT,,, Usually it bends AFTER what it is attached to breaks first...!! :eek:
    Something happened to the database, in other words its ****ed, one lad lost 23000 posts, I gained 100:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Plug wrote:
    Something happened to the database, in other words its ****ed, one lad lost 23000 posts, I gained 100:D
    Hey yeah - me too - I am down 700 posts - weird ....

Me and vectra were one of the lucky few, the highest poster on boards is only 1505 or around that:D

I belive ecksor had an idea... now we are all crying out for our postcounts:D

I think it was: evrypost that had :) was not counted :eek:

• Advertisement

Plug wrote:
    Me and vectra were one of the lucky few

Shhhhhh...!! :D

Advertisement