Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Revo...!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

I did. My point was that people around here seem more interested in talking about off topic shíte than anything to do with RC.

Muckwarrior, I have started a thread here for the discussion of the topic you raise. Please post there if you wish to voice your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

vectra wrote:
    Nice reading..
    Well
    I am after putting 12 tanks through my 3.3 at this stage
    Running on 20% Blue Thunder now with a few drops of 3 in 1 oil mixed in as well ( just to be on the safe side)

Well I tried leaning out the HSN and it was having none of it.
    Put it back where it was which is about 4 1/4 turns out and it ran fine. Leaned the LSN about 1/16 of a turn and it was fine for a couple of passes but suddenly when it reached about 1/2 tank it seems to burst into life..
    Did my run up the rugby pitch on 3/4 throttle
    turned round and came back down at about same throttle... Turned and hit the go stick .... :eek:
    Revo stood straight up and stayed there until i let the throttle go.. I got such as land I didnt keep it there for long.. after theat it stood up on demand..:D

Brought it in and shut it off for a couple of minutes...filled the tank and it wasnt as liverly again,( wasnt slow either)
    Until the tank level went near 1/2 way mark again... This time I was ready..:cool:

Stood it up and released the throttle to between 1/4 and 1/3 pulled and kept it rubbing the rear wing for the full lenght of the Rugby pitch... My son thought he was seeing things..:D
    Must get a vid of that the next night.. was quite amusing..

I would advise anyone to get a 3.3 engine... woohoo...!!
    I am well pleased..:D

my son reckoned that the Maxx would still beat it in a drag race so i left him off a little at the start by not squeezing the throttle fully... about 1/2 way up the pitch I hit Full on throttle and caught him in a matter of seconds.. he braked in front of me and I couldnt avoid him.... Smacked into the back of his maxx and broke a driveshaft.. :(
    Ah well..
    Ebay time ..!! :D
    Good to hear that its running well for you. It was a bit slow at the start probebly cause the engine was just warming up to optium tempeture. Anyway its wheeling and winning drag races what more do you need:D
    Oh its a pitty I don't have any spare drive shafts:o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Plug wrote:
    Good to hear that its running well for you. It was a bit slow at the start probebly cause the engine was just warming up to optium tempeture. Anyway its wheeling and winning drag races what more do you need:D
    Oh its a pitty I don't have any spare drive shafts:o

Yeah, i am dead happy with the way it performed tonight.
    The reason it wouldnt wheelie on a full tank is probably because they tend to run leaner when the fuel level goes down so was giving plenty of grunt at that point..

No bother about the driveshafts
    As posted on my request for them I am sorted. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

Why couldnt you have caught the crash on vid?

I love seeing crashes happen ;)

SLIM19198 wrote:

Bloody Pervert...:mad:

ROFL :D

• Advertisement

Its human nature to get satisfaction from other peoples misfortunes :P

~Just have dire straits, walk of life playing in the background hehe

SLIM19198 wrote:
    ~Just have dire straits, walk of life playing in the background hehe

Good choice..:cool:

Plug wrote:

LOL :D:D

WooHoo..!!
    Postman Pat arrived with my "A" arms for the Revo.
    I can get it finished now..;)

Until I spot something else..:rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement

Pictures man, we need blue aluminium satisfaction :O

SLIM19198 wrote:
    Pictures man, we need blue aluminium satisfaction :O

No Blue Alluminium on my Revo..
    Only Blue RPM parts
    did you not look at my project Revo Pages?
    Here you go.. PROJECT REVO:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

SLIM19198 wrote:

What about the onlooker gallery ....

Hey mister ... CRASH IT ! ... GO ON ... CRASH IT!
    HEY MISTER CRASH IT! :p
    GO ON !

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

thats the spirit coolwongs... thats the spirit:D

Flunked wrote:
    thats the spirit coolwongs... thats the spirit:D

Who the hell is Coolwongs?? :confused:
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Anyone who replies to that with a bad Asian joke WILL be banned!

It's too easy. :)

Me has to refrain.... cannot say.........cannot........
    Its fried rice, you plick!

SLIM19198 wrote:
    Me has to refrain.... cannot say.........cannot........
    Its fried rice, you plick!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

I got confused:D

Well this is a big one - just on about my third litre of fuel and during a short straight run the Revo just stops. I thought it might be out of fuel but when I went over to it I saw that it was 1/2 full, I then thought that maybe it had got hot as the weather is great here today so I let it for 10 minutes before re-starting it. Won't re-start and upon inspection notice the piston is not moving. Upon further inspection the connecting rod has let go and obviously shattered part of the piston and there looks to be some damage on the sleeve itself. Got the piston out and there are bits of metal (piston/connecting rod) all over the inside of the crankcase. :(

Do you think Traxxas will cover it by warranty as I have read a lot of posts with this exact problem. :confused:

Now,
    I pulled my Sons 2.5 out of the box to rebuild it but forgot which way round the piston goes... :confused:

Anyone like to inform me ?? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The side of the piston were a bit of it is kind of removed goes on the front of the engine. i must of rebuild my engine like 5 times:rolleyes:

Plug wrote:
    The side of the piston were a bit of it is kind of removed goes on the front of the engine. i must of rebuild my engine like 5 times:rolleyes:

Yeah, I read somewhere that the circlip goes nearest to the carb.. would that be correct?

Thats the way it should look when viewed from the front of the engine;)
    LINKY!

Plug wrote:
    Thats the way it should look when viewed from the front of the engine;)
    LINKY!

Yup. Circlip towards the Carb (front)

How did you get the flywheel off? :confused:

Well I rebuilt it and to be honest I did not feel much "pinc" in the engine.. Maybe I am used to the 3.3 ( or was :( )

Anyway. Went to start it and it turned over fine and was making a slight attempt to start but I noticed it was not drawing up any fuel :confused:

I took the air filter off and put a few drops of nitro in the carb while spinning the engine... Still no joy.. I gave up after a 1/2 hour and put it away :D

Wonder is the compression too low?

Anyway, Back to the 3.3 dilemna.. :rolleyes:

Here is the story so far..
    I intend to inform members here of how good traxxas support is going to turn out.

Just Rang Traxxas UK, and spoke to "Bob" Apparently the engines go to him for testing. He sounded like a very nice man and was very sympathetic towards my mishap. Told me to send it back to him and he will have a look at it.I said it had only about 2 to 3 litres of fuel burned and that I was very careful on the running stage. His reply was "Well, You are going to have to run it in again now" .!

Hmm .. I like the sound of that :cool:

I will keep you lot posted on future developments. :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

vectra wrote:
    .... but I noticed it was not drawing up any fuel :confused:
    Are the piston liners sleeves in the right way round - possibly the liner ports may not be inline with the casing ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Is the exhaust connected properly to the engine? if it's not snug it can cause the same problem.
    Best of luck with the 3.3 dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 .B.R.

Looks good, great job! :)

vectra wrote:
    Well I rebuilt it and to be honest I did not feel much "pinc" in the engine.. Maybe I am used to the 3.3 ( or was :( )

Anyway. Went to start it and it turned over fine and was making a slight attempt to start but I noticed it was not drawing up any fuel :confused:

I took the air filter off and put a few drops of nitro in the carb while spinning the engine... Still no joy.. I gave up after a 1/2 hour and put it away :D

Wonder is the compression too low?
    It could be that it wasent used for ages and maybe the slieve decieded to change shape, you should try and heat it up for a while with a heat gun or a hairdryer and then start it. Let the engine run for a while and then start to tune it. Best of look with it.
    coolwings wrote:
    Are the piston liners sleeves in the right way round - possibly the liner ports may not be inline with the casing ports.
    No the traxxas ones have a little bit gone out of it so it only goes in the one way;)

• Advertisement

coolwings wrote:

Yeah. As Plug said, The liner will only go in one way round as there is a sligk "nick" at the top that lines up with a "pin" in the housing.. Then installed the piston/conrod with the circlip towards the carb.. ;)

OH.
    Welcome back Plug... Where have you been hiding? :confused:

Advertisement