Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb down?

• 09-07-2006 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

Hi peeps,

I'm getting LCP down and nothing connecting... Anyone else having any problems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

No problems here.

Although the modem looses sync every now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

testicle wrote:
    No problems here.

Although the modem looses sync every now and then.

Interesting - this has been happening to me too. My modem's on the watchlist at the moment to see when it happens and if there's anything going on that may be causing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Actually my friend living next door has been having problems where as i have not. The searching for a signal light is the only light blinking on the modem. happened a couple of days ago also but came back.Was off most of yesterday. He only had the install 2 weeks ago and mine was this week. He's ringing today to see if its defenatly the modem. No suport at the weekends :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Yeah no support at the weekend is a major balls - especially when that's when the problems usually occur. I'm not even getting a blinking yellow light on the router, it's like the DSL signal has disappeared completely, I'm using a Netgear router. I think I tried the one they sent me and I only got that yellow flashing light as well though.

Did it happen near the evening or during the day when the connection went down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've been having intermittent problems with it too over the last week or so. Signal drops and the modem resets (Blanchardstown)

Have to say it's getting very annoying.. what's going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭✭event

is this DSL or wireless?

event wrote:
    is this DSL or wireless?

DSL for me anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Wireless (Metro) for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

event wrote:
    is this DSL or wireless?
    Wireless - Metro 3MB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Wireless Metro 3MB
    Well the engineer was out yesterday to take a look. The power plug for the aerial had died. He had them plugged in side by side and the engineer reckoned it overheated after 4/5 days of being left on continuously. Replaced the power adapter and separated the 2 plugs to reduce the chance of it happening again.

Anyhow he's happy and back on the net.
    Timeout

• Advertisement

Working again here as well... Seems like the problem was with Eircom and the DSL signal.

Advertisement