Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intertoto Cup 2006 :: Semi Final - Shelbourne v OB Odense

• 09-07-2006 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭

Finished Shelbourne 1-0 OB Odense.

Again let down by some poor finishing against the Danes, really missed Jason Byrne tonight. Barring about 15 minutes at the start of the second half, we pretty much controlled the game - although Odense looked strong on the break. I was confident of dragging this to extra time, until we failed to gain control early in the second half.

Joey Ndo scored the only goal of the game, after some great work by Ollie Cahill on the left flank.

Aggregate result: Shelbourne 1 - 3 OB Odense
    Odense play Hibernian in one of the finals, good luck to them, but I suspect Hibs will trounce them.

Our last eight games at home in European competition ended as follows...
    [b]Shelbourne	0-0 	KR Reykjavik
    Shelbourne 	2-0 	Hajduk Split
    Shelbourne 	0-0 	Deportivo la Coruna
    Shelbourne 	2-2 	OSC Lille
    Shelbourne 	4-1 	Glentoran
    Shelbourne 	0-0 	Steaua Bucharest
    Shelbourne 	4-0	FK Vetra
    Shelbourne 	1-0 	OB Odense[/b]

Fortress Tolka indeed! No losses, 4 wins, and only 3 goals conceeded.

Things are looking up, in football terms at least! At least we can look towards the league now, maybe shedding some lesser-used players during this window.

Great performance today, hard working and the players fought hard for the shirt. Well done to all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Shels will rue Byrne's penalty miss in Denmark.
    As for Odense, I think they have a great chance of winning it, the Scottish League is an overhyped pile of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Couldn't go to the game, but followed it on shelsweb commentary, seems first half was very good, but lost all the momentum in the second half. Shame, but I think the peno miss at 2-0, as has been said, was where the tie was lost.

I suppose turn the attention to Drogs, Derry and especially Cork...Hopefully they can put good runs together for the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Einst&#252 wrote: »

Fortress Tolka indeed! No losses, 4 wins, and only 3 goals conceeded.

Also isnt that your last ever game in Europe played in Tolka?

Decent record.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Listened to the game on Newstalk and Shels seemed to control the 1st half but fell away the 2nd.

Missing Gary O'Neill and Jason Byrne was absolutely massive IMO.

And missing Gary O'Neill in Denmark was equally huge.

Shows how home advantage is a key factor in any game, especially Europe.

only going from what I saw when Cork City played hibs last season, they were very attacking, but have lost key players since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Watch Ndo's goal from the following link:

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=399

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Good goal.

Ndo cant do it everything on his own though.

Fortress Tolka indeed!

And Fortress Lansdowne. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Fortress Dublin it is! ;)

Fortress Dublin it is! ;)

Unless kdjac's mob are playing some Moldovans.... :D

Zebra3 wrote:
    Unless kdjac's mob are playing some Moldovans.... :D

Where you not pooping yourselves at the thoughts of playing Hibs again??? The maltese marauders, the legend that is Martin Chukwu.... oh its a differnet hibs not the good ones from malta.

kdjac

• Advertisement

There's a difference in losing to an unlucky last minute deflection and being totally humiliated.

"No team of mine will ever lose 5-0 again..."

You couldn't make it up. :D

Zebra3 wrote:
    There's a difference in losing to an unlucky last minute deflection and being totally humiliated.

"No team of mine will ever lose 5-0 again..."

You couldn't make it up. :D

Was a header from a corner in the 71st minute.

Great goal tbh, but in honestly at least we know we were beaten by a far better team and considering we had just won the league with a record points total (cork beat it last season irc). Would prefer 10-0 anytime than been beaten by a maltese side.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Was a header from a corner in the 71st minute.

Again not true. It was a last minute goal. Why do you keep making this stuff up? :rolleyes:

Zebra3 wrote:
    Again not true. It was a last minute goal. Why do you keep making this stuff up? :rolleyes:

How odd, if felt like 20 minutes of injury time as Shels tried to get a goal, maybe time stopped as it does in Tolka. Man i always thought it was the best 20 minutes everin Tolka guess it was less.

But it was from a corner yeah and not the 15 man beating run that legends like Martin are capable off, hes a postman yah know he can do stuff like that.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Zebra3 wrote:

True, it was a last minute goal, I was just about to leave in disgust and was behind the goal when it went in, think Im to be seen arms in the air celebrating in the pictures the next day.

bohsman wrote:
    True, it was a last minute goal, I was just about to leave in disgust and was behind the goal when it went in, think Im to be seen arms in the air celebrating in the pictures the next day.

legend, got a scan?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

KdjaC wrote:
    legend, got a scan?

kdjac

No, and with my limited ability to use google all I could find out is that it was a 90th minute goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

I blame Junkie Molloy for that game, l<unt :mad:

Whats up today?

Raheny Red banned for a week.

You read the charter and agreed to it.

kdjac

Advertisement