Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

temperature with zalman

Options
  • 09-07-2006 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hello,hello
    i have instaled zalman 7700 cpu cooler(hudge one)and my idle temp 36-38 degrees.I used zalman termal paste-so should i remove it and go for silver pastasus ? Is there anything else i must now?
    (a8n-sli delux mobo).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

What kind of CPU do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

s939, 3800cpu at 2400(stock),i disabled cool&quite so temp droped to 36 anyvay its not normal...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ya thats allright what your load(when pc is running under full stress)

Hi awhir,
    I run prime 95 for 15 min and temp was52 deg:confused: .and its at stock speed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

looks like you got a dud, that doesn't look like it will OC well. Should only be hitting 40+ on stock settings. What kind of fan setup do you have inside your case, and what is the ambiant temperature in your room (i.e. is the PC infront of a radiator?) Either you have a bad CPU or the Zalman cooler isn't seated right. Did you have a stock cooler on there before?

• Advertisement

Well, i have 120mm fan at the back,120 at side,80 mils at frant so it shuold be fine......i suppose samething went wrong when i was seating cooler,at least i hope so.
    Will try to reseat it tonight.(fingers crost)

cheak which way each fan on your case is blowing by using a pice of paper they all might be blowing out so then there would be no air in your case (well not not much :D)

I checked it ,everything seems ollright.....:confused:2 goes in,one out.

hmm thats right the heatsink might be falty send it back and get a artic coller pro.

I"ll give it last chance-got akasa thermal comp.,if it wont start cooling properly-will send it back:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

what where your temps before the zalman? Did you try the stock cooler yet? After you check the new thermal paste clean everything off and try the AMD heatsink without any paste, just the stuff perapplied on the bottom of the heatsink. If you are getting the same temps or higher, the CPU might just be one that runs hot. I think the worst case temps allowed for AMD 64's at stock clocks is from 50 to 70 (i've got the pdf here somewhere) so at a temp of 35-55 you are still within their release rates, it just means it probably won't OC... but then AMD doesn't have to guarantee that.

Ok lads,I have removed thermal paste ,reseated cooler and.....temp droped to 35 - 38 deg idle,i ran prime 95 tortute test for 30 min and max i got was 48 deg.thats with QFan enabled....so is it ok now?One more point_when i was removing term paste(akasa tim clean), one tynni drop got on cpu surfase-pins .....How bad is it?

Advertisement