Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paint Spots

Options
  • 09-07-2006 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

I need some advice..
    Any idea how I will remove some White very fine paint spots from a Black car. The paint seems to have drifted from a spray gun. Paint would appear to be Oil based . I have washed it with warm soapy water but that was no good. Spots cover about half the bonnet and are there some time now.
    I look forward to replies
    Tks in adv.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paul moore

HI,
    I think you need to get some compound into action with a buffer,a body repair shop would do this fairly quick.....
    Wait & see if you get any other advice first...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

you could also try some thinners. But to be sure give a good body shop a ring and see wht they use for such a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cjs

this may sound odd but it works very well - pour petrol on a clean cloth and add a bit of elbow grease. then afterwards use some G3 paste compond and finish with a wax polish only take ya bout a half hour nd cost you bout €15 on the compound and polish;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Meguairs clay bar? Not cheap (IIRC around €15), but is designed to take off all small grains of dirt from the original paint. Does a great job, and available from any decent motor store type shop. Otherwise compund.

Have heard the petrol solution before, too.

BTW - great name. Named after the actor Nosmo King, by any chance? Do you know how he got his name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 eoghanflynn

ye i agree i use g3 the whole time works really well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

you could also try some thinners. But to be sure give a good body shop a ring and see wht they use for such a job.

Do not under any circumstances use thinners!!!!!:eek:
    I had a similar problem on a black bike... I used Autoglym super resin polish and it took it off. Its a very very light abrasive. It depends on how bad it is, but yeah a polish will do it.

Advertisement