Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

42" Plasma Television Advice

• 09-07-2006 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am going to buy a 42" plasma in the next 4 weeks. I will be playing my Xbox 360 on it alot. I am wondering will the games play ok an it, as I bought a 32" plasma in Xtravision and hooked it up to the PS2 and there is alot of streaking while playing some games. I do not want this.

Any advise ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭YoYOPowder

thegoth wrote:
    Hi,

I am going to buy a 42" plasma in the next 4 weeks. I will be playing my Xbox 360 on it alot. I am wondering will the games play ok an it, as I bought a 32" plasma in Xtravision and hooked it up to the PS2 and there is alot of streaking while playing some games. I do not want this.

Any advise ?

Streaking? Sounds like a very high and bad response time.

32" Plasma? Sounds like an LCD.

Microsoft have touted the new Samsung LCD's with their XBox's. So this might be the way to go. Have a look at LE40R72B, a 40" on Komplett or cheaper again on Katronics.de.

If you insist on Plasma, Panasonic T42PV60 is probably best and is about €1850 on Katronics.de.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Your right. The 32" is an LCD. Should the plasma have less streaks than an LCD ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭YoYOPowder

thegoth wrote:
    Your right. The 32" is an LCD. Should the plasma have less streaks than an LCD ?

I would go for the Samsung LCD when it comes to gaming, it also has a game mode. To say a Plasma has less streaking than an lcd is difficult, they both offer advantages and disadvantages, but I will tell you the Samsung, when it comes to the XBox in Hi-Def will not let you down, i.e. no streaking. The Plasma, might, and I say might suffer screen retention and burn-in with gaming. But if you get a good LCD or PLasma, I really dont think you'll be let down regardless, but if you buy cheap rubbish of either you will be let down. Go to www.avforums.com do a search for Xbox, Samsung R7 and Panasonic PX60. You'll find all you need to know. If you have no interest in that, trust me the R7 will not let you down, have a look here http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/television/tftlcd/le26r74bdxxeu.asp

Advertisement