Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

returning a game ?

Options
  • 09-07-2006 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭

just bought a xbox 360 game from Gamestop
    its not the best game and for the price you expect it would be great but it isn't

could i return it to gamestop and get instore credit

the game is opened etc but used only once

iv the reciept too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

YOu should be able to get instore credit. I have returned GC games before(second hand) and have been either given store credit ,or been allowed to choose another game. Just dont wait too long before you bring the game back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Say you got it for your brother for his birthday but he bought it the day before. Worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

qz wrote:
    Say you got it for your brother for his birthday but he bought it the day before. Worked for me.
    thats good but they'll think why did i open it

i was thinking of this excuse
    i bought it for my friends birthday and we were about to play it but we couldnt
    my friendly found out that game is pal,he's xbox 360 can only play USA games

a bit much ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

What rating is the game?

Bought by mother for kid who is under the age of the game.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    What rating is the game?

kdjac
    its 12+
    its called chrome hounds

thanks Kdjac i think ill do what you said

but one thing i forgot to mention is i traded in an xbox 360 game to get a bit of money off
    i had to write my name down

so could i still say bought by mother for kid who is under the age of the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Just be honest. Unless they've changed attitudes since I stopped working for them, you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Silly, silly people. Be honest. As long as you haven't scratched the disc and it's within 7 days of purchase it'll be swapped over or you'll be given store credit no problemo. Don't lie. Shop assistants can be decent people too, believe it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Fibbers Games

Just thank your lucky stars it wasnt Game on Henry Street. Then you would have to deal with one of those horrible bitter goblins.

Just thank your lucky stars it wasnt Game on Henry Street. Then you would have to deal with one of those horrible bitter goblins.
    Worst customer service ever. I asked a girl in there if they had an accessory pack in stock and she just said "whatever's out there" and went back to her conversation. Also sleazeball of a security guard. That guy creeps me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

"oh so you don't like the game then eh?"

"not good enough for you eh?"

"Well... I fail to see how any other game we have will be good enough for you either..!"

• Advertisement

Just out of curiosity, which Gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I've returned games for being crap before, don't think I've ever been refused refund on a game, even in game on henry street, saying that I've found the staff in gamestop just across the road to be much nicer. But yeah, just be honest, say the game was wack, and you don't go for that ****, then do the west side symbol with your hands and turn your hat around and give them some slammin' rhymes about how wack the game really was.....no doubt you'll get a refund then....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Please record this on your phone and post the video here if you decide to go this route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

LadyLotts wrote:
    Worst customer service ever. I asked a girl in there if they had an accessory pack in stock and she just said "whatever's out there" and went back to her conversation. Also sleazeball of a security guard. That guy creeps me out.

TBH I actually like the guard.Only because he actualy knows something about games compared to the staff.He reccomended the DS over PSP to a woman in her twentys who knew nothing about games and then he went on to show her some of the more niche titles

KdjaC wrote:
    What rating is the game?

kdjac
    i did what Kdajc said
    no bother got my instore credit
    ill be getting prey when it comes out friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

rip2roar wrote:
    TBH I actually like the guard.Only because he actualy knows something about games compared to the staff.He reccomended the DS over PSP to a woman in her twentys who knew nothing about games and then he went on to show her some of the more niche titles

That security guard is quite a good salesman.
    I saw him sell some guy an Xbox360 and then convinced to buy extra games and accessories.
    The final bill was over €700.
    I reckon he's in the wrong career

I agree with previous posters, staff in Game on Henry Street are generally useless. I buy all my stuff from playasia or play.com

micmclo wrote:
    That security guard is quite a good salesman.
    I agree with previous posters, staff in Game on Henry Street are generally useless. I buy all my stuff from playasia or play.com
    i usually buy my stuff from play.com

but i was dying for a good 360 game so i bought from gamestop [takes a week to get a game off play.com]

i hate wasting my money in that over priced store

its even worse than Slatterys in poppy field

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The security guard used to work with us in Tallaght... up here he spent more time selling phones than anything else! He's a good salesman though.

Btw LadyLotts, love the sig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

Im pretty sure any shop will exchange a game or give credit provided it is within 28 days of purchase and is in a condition good enough so that it can be sold again as new - yes that does happen by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Fibbers Games

rip2roar wrote:
    TBH I actually like the guard.

Me too. I needed a Memory Unit for 360 two days before Xmas and he suggested the only place in dublin that had them - 3G. That said he could be sleazy, I dunno... hes never come though :D . all the same ..if you have a question, dont ask one of the pig ignorant fatheads behind the counter... ask him. The manager.. woman with the dirty blonde hair..built like a man... disguisting excuse for a human being, visually amongst other things.

Im glad I got that out of my system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Christ I hate that big fat lummox of a manager.
    I asked him in March were they taking on any staff.

Staring at me he goes, "No, not taking on any staff".
    So I offered him my CV incase anything turned up.

"Im not taking that", walks off.

What a prick. Screw em' I have an awesome bit of contract work with a big semi-state until the end of August.
    I should make that bastard eat some of my big fat pay slips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

i did what Kdajc said
    no bother got my instore credit
    ill be getting prey when it comes out friday
    Frankly, i'm disappointed you didn't rap to them...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Some of those reasons are good - the under age kid one especially...

My dad is great for returning games - GAME in limerick

Dad: I'd like to return this game
    ShopK: What's wrong with it?
    Dad: It's terrible
    ShopK: .....

And he got his money back!!!

If that was me I'd be saying (and have said), it came up with xx error or the serial code won't work (and then try to get myself out of getting a replacement :) )

🤪

Advertisement