Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 09-07-2006 9:53pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Take a look over there beside my name, see my lovely avatar there?
    Well her name is Eve, well the name of the file is anyway.
    It comes from: http://icone.goldenweb.it/index_file/l/en/d2/cartoons/c/japanime/default.html
    and is a standard one for boards.

I want to find a bigger version, better quality etc for other avatars I use and if I subscribe here again, I would use the bigger one.
    Now, it's a problem as I dn't know who it is or what anime she is from. Makes the pic hard to find, if it exists that is...

Rhyme and I have been trying to find it. Random guessing really.
    It could be from 'divergence eve' or Aya Brea from 'parasite eve'...
    or it could be 'Eve Tokimatsuri' or 'Susanna Bleustein'.

I don't know. (:
    Any help finding out about it would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hmm kinda looks like the chick from here.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Ruu wrote:
    Hmm kinda looks like the chick from here.
    jesus, enough fart buttons on that page? :V

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Raziel

I'm proud to say I have never pressed the fart button.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I did once, it makes a cow noise if I recall.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ban all off topic people! Start with youtself CuLT!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Calm down tar....just cause your not getting any answers:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Ban all off topic people! Start with youtself CuLT!
    :)

whos got more power you or cult ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

awhir wrote:
    whos got more power you or cult ?
    I'm a super saijan four, he's a nerd. I just don't know.

Care to test? :V

cool a good game of slaps :D

• Advertisement

Yes.
    /me attaches spikes of super doom to hands

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

DBZ ftw :D just google "Eve" and hope for the best ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Bu' everyone will still think yer a girl. :D

I dunno how I lasted with the Rei avatar... too many chick posters were giving it a bad reputation.

Some poepe don't think i am a girl? Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

we all love you anyway :);)

*sob*sob*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

It does resemble Eve - Parasite, not sure though.
    Can't find that picture.

http://www.metaltear.com/files/ParasiteEve1.jpg

nice pic

No luck. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

The chick from Parasite Eve is named Aya Brea, and I think the ava is her but its difficult to tell being so small.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=Japanime_-_Eve.gif&meta=

Look at the result types. Its probably just a generic anime avatar that is sold as part of an avatar package for forums. On this site she is listed alongside such unforgetables as "blue girl", "blue man", "evil girl" and "fairy" (all with the same "japanime" tag). Definately stock avatars.

• Advertisement

I know that it is a stock avatar, I linked to the stock in my first post but I was just hoping there is a bigger one out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yes but considering it was released as an Avatar the only larger copies are most likely on the hard drive of the original author. Anything else is gonna be avatar sized.

That's what I was thinking, but hoping s/he might of...
    :/

I need a PI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kvikveg

Hi,

I have just begun searching for anime fans in Ireland. Could you tell me where most people go to discuss this and that? :)

The Eirtaku forum, here or boards.jp are the places I read.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Also a lot of us lurk/camp on http://www.animeuknews.net

Very good for serious discussion, and has very informed fans. Basically if you start a thread about something that was fansubbed in the last 6 months, the first replies to it will not be:

Never heard of it, whats it about/sounds interesting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kvikveg

Thank you, I will check them. :)

Is there any local Irish community in Dublin? I mean we have meetings every second week, summer camp, new year's eve camp, whatever. The forum is like a little community with not a few members being there for at least 2-3 years. Most of our older members turned to anime, because they were bored by tv and not because they saw DBZ/Sailor Moon on tv. And we talk about literally everything, not just anime.

I can get info on the net everywhere, but I'd like to know the local people, since I will probably move there next year. I hope at least. Then I can meet them and wouldn't feel like a total stranger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I would've thought that Ruu was right, she does look like a discoloured image of Eve from Robotech, same lips, looks to have similar hair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

The Eirtaku forum, here or boards.jp are the places I read.

Lucky for some :P

I'm on the internet so little lately that I can only really check in on this fourm :eek:

• Advertisement

http://eirtaku.com/forum

I could probably do with sprucing up the ol' Eirtaku forums a bit, they're still rather basic. I might take a leaf from AnimeUKNews.

Advertisement