Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Roundabouts... muppetry

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

One that I love is the roundabout at the bottom of Blanchardstown Road North, heading towards the Town Centre over the M3. It's a single lane but because it's quite wide, traffic tends to form in two queues because people who are going straight on over the M3 try to skip ahead of cars on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

Funny the things people hear from instructors, one told me that the rules of the road are only rules, if you follow the rules of the road and have an accident it doesn't mean that it's not your fault, even if the other driver wasn't following the rules.

Also, as for driving in france, the rules are now the same as here, but I think the Arc De Triumph roundabout in Paris still uses the old system -or at least the parissiennes still do it the old way

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Also, as for driving in france, the rules are now the same as here, but I think the Arc De Triumph roundabout in Paris still uses the old system -or at least the parissiennes still do it the old way

It was actually the Arc De Triomphe, that is one mad roundabout, the cow wouldn't get a look in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Alun wrote:
    Look at your second picture .. what are those on the other side of the roundabout/ Yes, TWO lanes. So yes, the only situation when it's OK to take the second exit in the right hand lane is when there are also two lanes on the other side.

Yes, That's my point.

at least the diagrams helped some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Ha, ironic that the original poster says "why is it so hard for people to understand how to drive on a roundabout", then goes on to show that he doesn't understand the rules himself!!..

Eh... good job reading the thread there ;)

Look at the images posted you muppet... its exactly as i said!!

Left fot the first 2 exits i.e: left or straight ahead... Right for the 3rd or 4th exits UNLESS there is a 2 lane straight ahead.. in which case you can use the right hand lane too!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement