Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bones found on graveyard - careful, contains picture!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭scrattletrap

Report it to the council, they will know who the caretaker of the graveyard is, and do it quickily as there are some odd people who wouldn't think twice about walking off with great-aunt Bessy's leg bone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

Inge Binge wrote:
    serious question: if there are bones lying around visibly on a graveyard (actually just a single one) - is there a liability to report this? if so - to whom?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a264/ingebinge/DSC00081.jpg

IB

where was this taken and what were you doing witha camera in a graveyard lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭scrattletrap

I always have a camera with me when I go to a graveyard, there is nothing odd about that (nothing I say)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

have the mobile always with me and the mobile has a camera. strange situation for a weird picture. this occasion isn't popping up every day like! :D

won't give you the name of the graveyard! :p mine, ALL MINE! my precious!

IB

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

This was a common occourance in Mount Saint Olivers cemetary in the 1980s. I would be shocked, stunned, and amazed if that was taken in Lawrences though.

Give City Hall a ring and they will sort it if it is in the City or County hall in Dooradoyle a call if out the country.

Which cemetary was it? it would help figure out which local authority to call if we knew the name of the cemetary.

• Advertisement

Mungret Abbey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Inge Binge wrote:
    Mungret Abbey

The old graveyead I presume and not the new one beside the original
    ruins of the abby. Thought that place was sealed off closed years ago.

Any sign of vandalism ? Place used to be well known for
    someplace where teenagers go "bush drinking".

I know growing up as kids my friends used to play
    in the old Abby CLimbing the tower and
    taking rubbings from the tomb stones until we
    were ran by the local neighbours even though we
    were doing no harm.

~B

The old grave yard, indeed. There are some new stones "in memory of xxx yyy" like. The Abbey itself is sealed off (main entrance closed with a gate) but the graveyard is still open accessible without climbing over walls or fences. And yes - the "bush drinking" is still going on according to the amount of cans in a remote corner... but vandalism? Well, the headstones are higgledy-piggledy all over the place - probably by gravity...

But how went this bone upwards? Someone lost a piece on Assumption Day? ;)

The County Council will look into it.

IB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I remember walking around an old grave yard in Clare a few years ago .... there was a large pile of earth to one corner and it looked like everyone used the same pile to dump excess soil from freshly dug graves and/or re-modelling etc .... I noticed a good few bones amongst the material .... no one seemed to take much notice so I just made sure my doggie didn't pick one up ...he's a devil for bringing home bones ! ......

Advertisement