Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Weatherby sub-moa .223 info

Options
  • 10-07-2006 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

For all you .223 shooters out there. I know im getting a new rifle in a few weeks however before i buy my next rifle next year, once i beef up my accuracy with the .17 hmr, i intend to have the rifle well sussed!!

Id like to know does anyone know anything about the rifle on the below link
    1. Is this a good rifle, i know its quite new 2006
    2. Does anyone have one
    3. Are weatherby a good make
    4. Is there anywhere in leinster that deals with weatherby

http://www.weatherby.com/products/guns.asp?prd=Rifles&prd_sub_type=3&prod_code=VSR308NR20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

well already i like the fact they have two swivel studs on the foreward stock of the rifle. You can put a bipod and a sling on there no hassle clean as a whistle.

Definitely one to keep an eye on, keep watching it over the next year or so and read reviews of it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭oldzed

Weatherby do make good rifles , I have shot them in the states and they are ok. I have not come across them in this country as yet but I am sure they could be sourced through the uk . I will have a look in gunmart tonight for you . Its a nice looking rifle , I personally would not buy it as it seems to only have a 1 in 12 twist and that means 55gr heads max. If you can live with that its ok for you . Tikka t3 tactical i recommend.

zed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

Will sourcing it through the uk be a pain in the neck zed?,And obviously will it be more expensive ?

On a side note will 55gr bullets be acceptable to take a fox to 200yrds?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

newby.204 wrote:
    Will sourcing it through the uk be a pain in the neck zed?,And obviously will it be more expensive ?

I recently took the red dog @386 yards(a personal best) with a 52g federal from my Remy swift, dropped like a hot snot. this shot was taken in the early evening with lots of daylight and over a known distance. So, yes the 55gr .223 is more than enough for the job. good luck with the application:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

newby.204 wrote:

i think the minimum legal bullet weight to shoot deer with is 55gr.

I got a few free boxes of 45gr hollow points when i bought the rifle but when i have gone through them i will be putting 55gr through it as my main ammo

• Advertisement
Advertisement