Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Cue....what to look for

• 10-07-2006 12:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭

hi all, im looking into buying a snooker cue for myself. just wondering if anyone has any advice on what to look for when purchasing. My budget is around €100-120.
    also anyone know of any snooker clubs in or around drumcondra?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

I'm no expert but... when yer looking for a cue its about what's comfortable for you personally. Try a few out and compare them. One thing to note is the weight of the cue. I like a cue a bit on the heavy side personally. You should always check The obvious... is the cue straight? I had to get a cue ordered in because the only one of the model I wanted in the shop was warped. Knock a few balls around and check out the solidity of the cue. Ideally after striking a ball the cue should vibrate as little as possible. If it shakes after striking a ball it's whats called a "whippy" cue. It happens as a result of using cheaper (less dried out) wood in the cue's construction.

As for snooker clubs in Drumcondra there's Breaks opposite the Skylon and there's also a club on Fairview strand beside gaffneys.

Word!

Advertisement