Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making renting a better option

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

Afuera wrote:
    That's pretty low FillSpectre publishing Calina's private message when she already stated that she wished for it to remain private.
    Well she shouldn't of acted like a smart arse and acted so stupid then.
    Afuera wrote:
    I'm currently living in Spain where there are two main types of leases. One is for short term (12 months) and works similar to the way we have it in Ireland. The other type of lease is for a longer term and gives more protection to the tenant as well as normally giving a longer term tenant with less hassles. A tenant looking for a secure place to rent can find it in Spain (if they are able to find a place with a long-term lease) whereas in Ireland they are always open to the changing plans of the landlord.

But the landlords are not the same. Large businesses can act like this as they exist in Spain. In Ireland the landlords are small and can't afford that kind or restriction.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Calina's private PM has been deleted from this thread.
    Regardless of people's feelings on particular matters, I do not consider it appropriate to post private correspondence in this forum (or indeed elsewhere, without their prior consent). Subject closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Afuera

But the landlords are not the same. Large businesses can act like this as they exist in Spain. In Ireland the landlords are small and can't afford that kind or restriction.

My own landlord is an individual and I have a long-term rental agreement with her. I haven't heard of any large businesses renting out apartments here on a long-term basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

Afuera wrote:
    My own landlord is an individual and I have a long-term rental agreement with her. I haven't heard of any large businesses renting out apartments here on a long-term basis.

Your landlord only owns 1 or 2 properties?

I don't live in Spain but what you are saying sounds very different to the reports I have read and what my friends have told me. I know for certain that is not how it works in France, Germany or Italy.

I am just curious why somebody living in Spain is going around preaching about Irish property all the tme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Afuera

Your landlord only owns 1 or 2 properties?

She only owns one property, which she lives in. She is renting out the property which we have on behalf of her aunt who is in a nursing home.
    I am just curious why somebody living in Spain is going around preaching about Irish property all the tme?

A lot of my friends back home are struggling due to how things are in Ireland at the moment. Some of my friends feel they are benefitting from it but I don't think the current situation is good for the country either economicially or socially.

• Advertisement
Advertisement