Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paint Spots

Options
  • 10-07-2006 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

I need some advice
    How do I Remove Tiny White Oil Based Paint Spots From A Black Car Bonnet. I Tried Warm Soapy Water But That Was No Good.Tried T Cut Same Result. Looks Like Paint Is There Awhile.
    Look Forward To Any Ideas.
    Tks N Adv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

IIRC, Autogym do a paint remover, or you could try their Bug and Tar remover. Alternativly(sp?) you could bring it to a bidy shop and see fi they could remove it without respraying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

You probably need to machine polish it, I'm afraid, and not with one of those buffers they sell in Halford's.

Ask your question here and you'll get some answers from people who really know this sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

On further reflection, you should try using a clay bar first. Go to Halford's and get the Meguiar's Quik Detailer + Clay Bar package for about €20. It will probably do the business and is a lot cheaper than other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd try tar and glue remover

Advertisement