Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody has samsung z500v working on Meteor?

• 10-07-2006 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Does anybody have samsung z500v working on Meteor?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Samsung phones with branded software don't work well on Meteor. I had a sim free D500, that worked with no issues. A friend had an Orange branded one and it never worked, even though it did with O2 and Vodafone sims. I've lost track of times I've seen those 3G Vodafone Samsungs not working properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭poops66

Do you think if I debrand it it might work?:confused:

I would guess that it would. I don't know for sure as I've never seen anyone get it debranded. I do know that Vodafone software interferes with Meteor sim cards a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭rachymc

i bought a phone on ebay which was originally orange but now its unlocked. put my meteor sim into it and it will send and receive texts but i cant make calls or receive them? so i put an english sim into it, and it would make calls, so is this just meteor or the fact that its an english phone, regardless of it being unlocked?! bit annoying cos i dont know if i can send it back. or shud i just buy a vodafone/02 sim card?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭poops66

Actualy I got my z500v going on meteor. Beside the unlocking the phone has to be debranded...:)
    But not sure that I have the latest firmware. Does anybody know where to download original samsung firmware???

• Advertisement

rachymc wrote:
    i bought a phone on ebay which was originally orange but now its unlocked. put my meteor sim into it and it will send and receive texts but i cant make calls or receive them? so i put an english sim into it, and it would make calls, so is this just meteor or the fact that its an english phone, regardless of it being unlocked?! bit annoying cos i dont know if i can send it back. or shud i just buy a vodafone/02 sim card?

I answered in the previous thread, but just get it debranded. It will work with O2 and Vodafone sims when it is branded though

Advertisement