Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you...

• 10-07-2006 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Eat sweets or junk in general?

Just wondering with all this talk of obesity and heart disease at crisis levels in this country at the moment...

I eat sweets pretty much once a week, on a Sunday evening, maybe a large packet of jelly babies or pick and mix, but on the other six days the worst thing I'd eat would be maybe a single chocolate biscuit or similar.

Just wondering of everyone elses habits! I'd love to eat them 7 days a week, I've an awful sweet tooth, but I try my best to keep a tight control on it! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I rarely eat too much sugary stuff, packets of crisps are my main vices. Damn you Tayto! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Ruu wrote:
    I rarely eat too much sugary stuff, packets of crisps are my main vices. Damn you Tayto! :)

Snap!! I could teach a course in the joy of crisp eating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I eat a sweet nearly everyday, sometimes more than once in a day.:eek:

Oobie wrote:
    Snap!! I could teach a course in the joy of crisp eating!

[open german accent]"Hallo class und velcome to Crisps von-oh-von" [/german accent];)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

every day would not have realised that was unusual? Id have at least 1 packet of crisps and 1 choccy bar and some jellies. Those king crisps and natural confectionary jellies are addictive. Stay away from lidl people I was trying to wean myself off my sugar addiction but went up there roday and got a big bag of jellies for 2.50 its massive and cant stop eating them now had to hide em in my drawer!!

• Advertisement

every day would not have realised that was unusual? Id have at least 1 packet of crisps and 1 choccy bar and some jellies. Those king crisps and natural confectionary jellies are addictive. Stay away from lidl people I was trying to wean myself off my sugar addiction but went up there roday and got a big bag of jellies for 2.50 its massive and cant stop eating them now had to hide em in my drawer!!

I can stop anytime I want to. I CAN HANDLE IT! *sits in corner, rocking back and forth* :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'd more than likely have junk food once a day too. I'm unmercifully addicted, and couldn't stop if I wanted to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have the worst sweet tooth in the world but at least now I'm controlling it....I only ate a single square of chocolate today really in terms of junk! Thats pretty much all I'd eat Mon-Sat....:eek:

Anyone know what are good snacks for a sweet tooth? I try snacking on things like fruit, handful cereal, rice cakes, etc....but even if I'm full, I still feel unsatisfiable longing for junk, if you know what I mean! Need something to take away that sugar craving....

I know what you mean, and it's just a big fallacy about fruit being "nature's substitute"! Fruit can never hit the spot when you've a junk food craving!

I find some sugary cereals can help, like Crunchy Nut, but they're nearly as bad as junk. I've not found anything 100% healthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Faith wrote:
    I know what you mean, and it's just a big fallacy about fruit being "nature's substitute"! Fruit can never hit the spot when you've a junk food craving!
    You mean you don't subscribe to Marge Simpson's belief that "Fruit is Nature's Candy"??? Shame on you!!!!

While I do like fruit a lot, I would tend to agree more with Homer: "mmmm.....chocolate...."

:):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Don't eat sugary/junk food tbh. Can't even drink any fizzy drink with sugar in it....blegh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I'm the same with surgary processed drinks. You end up more thirsty after you've finished them.

I used to eat takeaway chips every saturday but I've cut that out. I eat chocolate everyday but it's usually dark chocolote.

As a child I always hated sweets, still do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Chocolate and sweets, rarely. Crisps, often. Soft drinks, constantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭Archeron

Soft drinks:never (MILK ROCKS!!!) but sweets, ahem,almost daily. I like's me joccy bar when relaxing at night.

At this point, I'll flick my belly, and watch as it ripples like a stormy ocean made of jelly crystals :D (not a good thing)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'd eat crisps daily. I MUST have them! :) Be it Rancheroes, King C&O, Frisps C&O, Hula Hoops etc......

Chocolate however I'm not as fond of, and couldn't care less if chocolate was banned tomorrow.

But crisps.... NYOM! :D

byte wrote:
    Chocolate however I'm not as fond of, and couldn't care less if chocolate was banned tomorrow.

Take that back!

I'm not a big fan of crisps... occasionally, I get a craving for red Pringles, but not often. I would next-to-never buy a packet of crisps.

Sweets hurt my teeth, so I generally avoid them too.It's the chocolate that's my downfall.

I bought a bag of those hard-boiled sweets this morning, thinking they were acid drops. They actually turned out to be some manky fudge-tasting things.

Oh yeah, I despise fudge, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

They say sugars ten times more addictive than cocaine and I can really see why, i posted in the other forum (it'l prob get moved for being in the wrong place) about being addicted to sugar and if I don't get my "Fix" I'm like some kind of crack addict....i eat some form of sugary stuff every day and I get dips in energy which drive me demented - toast & honey, cookies, choc, sweets - something every day - wish I could kick it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Strokesfan wrote:
    They say sugars ten times more addictive than cocaine and I can really see why, i posted in the other forum (it'l prob get moved for being in the wrong place) about being addicted to sugar and if I don't get my "Fix" I'm like some kind of crack addict....i eat some form of sugary stuff every day and I get dips in energy which drive me demented - toast & honey, cookies, choc, sweets - something every day - wish I could kick it :(

I get those cravings all the time. I control what I eat pretty well and don't eat that much junk - maybe 2 biscuits a day really, or the odd square of chocolate here and there, etc, but nothing major. Sometimes though, I honestly do just eat a spoon of sugar to stop the craving!

Advertisement