Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath Street

Options
  • 10-07-2006 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Was in Meath Street on Saturday, and there were no end of Nike Air and Nike Shoxx for 60 euro and Nike Tracksuits for 40 euro.

What I'd like to know, is how are they so cheap.

Is it 1) they fell from the back of a lorry, 2) they're imitation or 3) they're seconds from the factory.

Any ideas, before I part with my hard earned notes?

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ah the good aul markets. You get a mix of all three there I think. I once seen a top of the range car stereo there which had been blatantly pulled from someones fancy auto earlier and phones with no chargers or boxes. No questions asked. My ex bought a pair of boots there once and they were pretty good quality and lasted a long time.

In the end its hit and miss but also I don't think the Gardaí tolerate "ignorance" when charging for handling stolen goods :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

The Nikes are immitations im afraid, labels hand sown on coz they have just ripped off the fruit of the loom label!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Yep all imitations unfortunately. Spent 100 squids on new nike running shoes at the weekend too :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Yes, lots of cheap stuff around that part of the city, a lot of it a bit dodgy. Some bargains to be had too. Frawleys on Thomas Street is always worth a look for stuff.

Advertisement