Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleeding

Options
  • 10-07-2006 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

I got tattooed for the first time recently (I am 34). Small one on my wrist and a bigger one on my back.
    Justin over in Zulu did it.

But apparently I bleed alot during tattooing so for a piece that I was expecting to do in 2 sittings is gonna take like 4 sittings.

Is there anything that can be done to reduce the amount of bleeding?
    Does anyone else have the same problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

skorn wrote:
    I got tattooed for the first time recently (I am 34). Small one on my wrist and a bigger one on my back.
    Justin over in Zulu did it.

But apparently I bleed alot during tattooing so for a piece that I was expecting to do in 2 sittings is gonna take like 4 sittings.

Is there anything that can be done to reduce the amount of bleeding?
    Does anyone else have the same problem?

Have you consumed alcohol before the sessions? This would significantly increase bleeding during the process. If not then im not sure what you could do to lower the volume of bleeding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭skorn

No I dont drink
    Had taken some paracetemol for a toothache.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Paracetemol will think your blood and make you bleed a lot more also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Paracetemol will think your blood and make you bleed a lot more also...

I think you're getting mixed up with aspirin??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Ag marbh wrote:
    I think you're getting mixed up with aspirin??
    Its all the same, does the same at the end of the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

and some people are just bleeders no matter what they take/dont take...
    I can drink away while been tattooed and it turns out fine when a friend of mine could avoid drink and pills for a week b4 his session and he would still bleed like a bitch!? luck of the draw really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Its all the same, does the same at the end of the day

No it's not, paracetamol doesn't thin the blood like asparin does. It's pain killing qualities have nothing to do with blood thinning, that's the only similarity with asparin, although chemically they probably aren't a million miles from one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Caffeine can also cause bleeding. So if you have consumed tea / coffee, energy drinks such as V, Red Bull, Coca Cola or basically any drink that has caffeine before or during the tattooing process it may effect the level of bleeding.

At the end of the day some people just bleed more than others because of the type of blood they have.

Do you bleed much when you get cuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

An iron deficiency could also slow clotting as one of the clotting factors is iron based.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was topping up an old tat and bled like a stuck pig. No drink or anything for a week before. And it hurt like hell too, much more than when I had it done first.
    Just "one of those days" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I knew a guy who has NEVER bled. :eek: Not once, never got cut, grazed, etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I knew a guy who has NEVER bled. :eek: Not once, never got cut, grazed, etc..
    :eek: You knew the boy in the bubble?!? :p
    Technically he must have bled at least once, otherwise it's about time they cut the umbilical. ;)

Advertisement