Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird problems since connecting to SMART

• 10-07-2006 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

I just got Smart connected on Friday but seem to have some weird problems.

I set it up with mozzilla and IE can't connect now.

Mozilla wouldn't connect when I was connected to Limewire

Windows media player couldn't see an external hard drive

WHen browsing it still asks to connect to dial-up connections.

I am guessing there is some settings not in right any ideas before I try to get onto Smart?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I just got Smart connected on Friday but seem to have some weird problems.

ie using proxies of some sort, internet control panel, connections, LAN settings , disable them .
    Mozilla wouldn't connect when I was connected to Limewire
    ?
    Windows media player couldn't see an external hard drive
    ?
    WHen browsing it still asks to connect to dial-up connections.
    internet control panel again, dial up networking set up wrong. it should be DIAL IF network connection not present .
    I am guessing there is some settings not in right any ideas before I try to get onto Smart?
    and the media stuff is not their problem really .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

Thanks spong but not exactly helpful

Effectively not everything on my PC thinks it is on line when it is. Smart doesn't use dial up so the knowledge I had on this is not much use. It is some LAN type set-up and I seem to be having network type problems with one of more softwares acting strange as a result.

I checked the network connection while on limewire and it could not connect to the internet yet I was connected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Effectively not everything on my PC thinks it is on line when it is. Smart doesn't use dial up so the knowledge I had on this is not much use. It is some LAN type set-up and I seem to be having network type problems with one of more softwares acting strange as a result.

I checked the network connection while on limewire and it could not connect to the internet yet I was connected?
    Checking your network connection will only tell you that you're pc is connected to the router/modem. It doesn't mean the internet connection is ok. Sounds like a firewall or faulty modem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Effectively not everything on my PC thinks it is on line when it is.

pay somebody to fix it then :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

kaizersoze wrote:
    Checking your network connection will only tell you that you're pc is connected to the router/modem. It doesn't mean the internet connection is ok. Sounds like a firewall or faulty modem.

I was connected to limewire and Paddy poker but could not see web pages. Underneath my connection there is a connect to the interenet option (not dial up or anything else) which I can click on which can't contect to the internet.

I was connected to something. When I could browse WMP couldn't connect to the internat and EI doesn't connect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Can you ping any sites from the command prompt? e.g.
    ping www.smarttelecom.ie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,243 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sounds like firewall issues.

Effectively not everything on my PC thinks it is on line when it is.

could not see web pages.

When I could browse WMP couldn't connect to the internat

What firewall are you using?

Advertisement