Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need new wing mirror

Options
  • 10-07-2006 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

I left the house to go to work this morning and saw a line of wing mirrors up the footpath, including mine.
    So where is the best place to get a replacement. Luckily I only need the glass. Its an electric mirror but I think I only need to fit on new glass. Some of my neighbours' whole mirror was broken off.
    Where is the best place to buy these? I will try some breakers but dont expect to find one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Easiest but most expensive option is a main dealer. Some mirror glasses can be expensive - especially the heated ones. Try the breakers but usually things like mirrors sell quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Darando

If its only the glass then try www.micksgarage.com (under car parts on the left).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Or try eBay.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I can never understand the mentality of scum like this. I've seen it so many times - a whole row of cars with the wing mirrors ripped off/smashed on every one of them.

I'd love to catch these bastards in the act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

They are around €130 from the dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

kc66 wrote:
    They are around €130 from the dealer.

What make & model is the car? Which side glass do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

I got both mirrors removed from my car.
    got them for €15 euro in scrapyard. (starlet)

My sis car (corsa) got them replaced for € 20 NEW** from company in cork trying to rememger the name, will find out. they are not opel brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Anan1 wrote:
    What make & model is the car? Which side glass do you need?

Its a 2001 Volvo S40. Driver side

Advertisement