Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Indoor soccer

• 10-07-2006 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Hello, I have moved up to Dublin for the Summer and there is an indoor soccer arena near where I am staying in Stillorgan...The only thing I am missing is people...Just wondering if there are any groups or individuals who might want to meet up once in a while for a game?

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

I know there is 3 indoor soccer pitches in Loughlinstown Leisure Centre....maybe a bit of a treck from Stillorgan though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Great thanks!

I am willing to travel a bit to get a game...It's just the extra people that I'm missing...Even if there are individuals out there who might be interested, if everyone who has an interest says it, we may have 2 teams (or more :p - a bit hopeful) in no time at all...

EDIT: Just noticed that you're from Dun Laoighaire MBC - thats where I'm working at the moment.
    So I can travel after work to pitches as well

-Also interested in Astro-soccer if Indoor soccer isn't as readily available.

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Ye should try to resurrect this thread : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054886175&referrerid=59211&highlight=soccer+boards+game

That game went on for about 2months, then fizzled out.

How successful was this thread? I am looking to get the same idea running only with indoor/astro soccer as opposed to on a pitch.

Any one with any skill level is welcome...I just want to get a kick about for a bit of fun...

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I organised Indoor football for a Thursday night for a few people and fellow
    boardie Smellyirishman plays too. Its going into its second week and teams will
    be made this week for a league to start for the next 8 weeks

I think we have 6-v-6 which is enough otherwise I'd let you join us. I organised
    it in Alsaa, near the airport. Pitch is big and its indoor (E40 per hour). I think
    its open for public use.

Anyway, I'd be interested in playing some more footy weekday or w/e. Indoor
    or outdoor. Im sure I could get one or two more interested too. Although I'm
    just interested in getting fit and having a laugh which is what the old Boards
    Soccer event seemed like.

Getting the old thread up and going again would be great. That seemed like it
    was a bit of crack and they got numbers to the games too.

• Advertisement

Pity that you have enough numbers :p

I may try sending PM to those that were involved in that thread cos I do just want to get a group together and have a bit of a laugh and try to get a little fitter...

But anyway - people keep posting if you are interested...

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

I may be interested alright......it just depends on the night. If its a Tuesday then count me in.

Advertisement