Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

So anyone insured with XS direct?

Options
  • 10-07-2006 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,073 ✭✭✭✭

seeing as i have eyes bigger than my wallet, i reckon my next car will prolly be a 2.5ltr+ bmw of some shape or a 3.2ltr alfa gta. I reckon the only way to insure will be with 123.ie/xs direct.

Has anyone gone this route yet? any recommendations? does the excess apply just in your own claims or third party claims aswell?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Are you mad?

I reckon it's very expensive, and the excess is cruel.

Have you tried St. Paul?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I have a 3.5 ltr 350Z which noone would quote me on last year except St Pauls They quoted me 2050 (28 yo full no claims etc). This year they are 1620 euro , however the AA quoted me 1550 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Are you mad?

I reckon it's very expensive, and the excess is cruel.

Have you tried St. Paul?

Many people are the wrong age and gender to get quoted anywhere but XS. Im actually rather grateful they exist. Just dont crash (or claim) and they work out cheaper (depending on personal circumstances) as well as insuring upto 3.5L Sports cars that others wont touch.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

A quote on a 2003 BMW M3 with these lads was 1,400 fully comp. Nowhere else is going to quote near that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Joeyjoejoe Jnr

I am insured through 123.ie/XS Direct. turned 25 and bought a Saab 9-3 convertible 2L SE Turbo. other insurance company quotes started at €2,500 but got 123.ies €990 deal. My cunning plan is never to crash so the huge excess wont affect me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I am insured through 123.ie/XS Direct. turned 25 and bought a Saab 9-3 convertible 2L SE Turbo. other insurance company quotes started at €2,500 but got 123.ies €990 deal. My cunning plan is never to crash so the huge excess wont affect me.

Indeed, I hope the other insurance companies take note, there are ways to Insure young people in decent cars instead of asking for €3k+ per year (that may never benefit you).

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 65,412 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I think it is a great proposition. Insurance in this country is extremely expensive, especially for young men. Many of those young men would not crash the performance cars they would love to drive

So by going for a high excess insurance, they'll enjoy only paying a modest premium. On top of that, they can drive a car previously uninsurable for them

Should they claim, perhaps they shouldn't have been driving a performance car. No worries, they would not be able to get cover on any such car again for a long long time

Win-win situation for all involved imho

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

unkel wrote:
    I think it is a great proposition. Insurance in this country is extremely expensive, especially for young men. Many of those young men would not crash the performance cars they would love to drive

So by going for a high excess insurance, they'll enjoy only paying a modest premium. On top of that, they can drive a car previously uninsurable for them

Should they claim, perhaps they shouldn't have been driving a performance car. No worries, they would not be able to get cover on any such car again for a long long time

Win-win situation for all involved imho

Nobody goes out intentionally to crash or have an accident (unless they have a death wish) but still accidents happen every day all the same.

Murphy's law would suggest if you have a €4k excess on your policy then your luck will run out. :(

At the end of the day the insurance company is putting the risk back with you.

A €4k excess is a good incentive to drive carefully though.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,412 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:
    Murphy's law would suggest if you have a €4k excess on your policy then your luck will run out. :(

Yep. I'm belt & braces myself. *touches wood* no crash in 20 years driving and I still have a policy with full NCB protection, an option that adds a fair bit to my premium :)
    bazz26 wrote:
    A €4k excess is a good incentive to drive carefully though.:)

Sure is, not even so much for the €4k excess, but more so that if you claim, you can forget about nice cars for some time to come. The latter is probably worse!

Advertisement