Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seriously!!! Is this a piss take?!?!?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hmm some atrocious songs in there, "in association with Larry Gogan" O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Richie Kavanagh placed whereas John Lennon didn't?
    I'd take this with a couple of shovel loads of salt personally - maybe find out what kind of people voted for this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

15. Title: Aon Focal Eile
    Artist: Richie Kavanagh
    Label: Focal Records
    Company: Focal Records
    Year: 1996

Lol, should be number 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭lardboy

Looks like sales rather than votes, as it's charts. Ireland, you should be ashamed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭holton

We had this thread somewhere else recently. But yeah, most of them would be in my worst top 20 of all time. What an embarrassment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

lol this is based on what's spent most time at No.1 in the Irish charts, or on their amalgam of sales over that time or something....DJ Otzi is a personal hate of mine and that bloody ketchup song. I'm also a little pissed off that Bandaid 20 is in there but the 85 version didn't shift enough.

BTW why is this in the electronic forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wertz wrote:

BTW why is this in the electronic forum?

Good question Wertz

Moved to Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm assuming this is based on sales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

That can't be an accurate top 20 (if sales are the parameter)? Sales of singles have been declining for years now so surely an alltime top 20 would be full of hits from 20+ years ago? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Most single charts of the best selling singles of all time tend to be full of complete rubbish. This is because the main purchaser of singles tends to be 9-13 year old girls and because sales of compilations such as NOW! 41 ect count as singles sales for the singles included. Most people older than this would tend to buy whole albums and steer clear of those sorts of compilations. I would hope if you could find a list of the best selling albums in the Irish charts it would be a bit better. If anyone can find a list of the best selling albums please post link here, I had alook but couldn't find one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Pfft where is 2Unlimited

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pfft where is 2Unlimited

On the bottom shelf of my CD rack behind a pile of papers. Oh wait, I shouldn't have admitted that :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

This is like a Guantanamo Bay Top 20 Torture Tunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

magpie wrote:
    This is like a Guantanamo Bay Top 20 Torture Tunes.

its funny cos its true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

lardboy wrote:
    Looks like sales rather than votes, as it's charts. Ireland, you should be ashamed.

I totally agree......the fact that I'm not Irish (well half I s'pose) makes me feel really good right about now:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Definitely Guantanamo torture material :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Ha ha ha. The majority of Irish people have ****e music taste judging by that list :D

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭crybaby

DJ Otzi oh christ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Title: Maniac 2000
    Artist: Mark McCabe
    Label: Abbeydiscs
    Company: Abbey Dance Distribution
    Year: 2000

god i hated that song with a passion:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Mainiac 2000 at number 4? Utter bollix.

Should be number one! No, honestly, maybe its just those of us who were in the 12-17 group in 2000, but that tune is a fcuking classic I dont care what you say:D Mildly cheesy yes, but still classic.

Im sure alot of foreigners would be suprised to learn that despite the international success of U2/Thin Lizzy/Boomtown Rats/Boyzone/Keating solo none of them have had a single that breached the top 20 here. In fact, of the few Irish names on the list not one is a name known outside of Ireland bar Westlife (and Six and Mickey Harte arent even known here anymore. We will always remember Mark McCabe, and Kavanagh still pops up once in a while with double entendre laden dittys that appeal to Leitrim folk )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I walked out of clubs a fair few times after they played maniac....it's that bad. How it could ever be termed "dance music" is completely beyond me....calling it cheese is an insult to cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Mainiac 2000 at number 4? Utter bollix.

Should be number one! No, honestly, maybe its just those of us who were in the 12-17 group in 2000, but that tune is a fcuking classic I dont care what you say:D Mildly cheesy yes, but still classic.

Im sure alot of foreigners would be suprised to learn that despite the international success of U2/Thin Lizzy/Boomtown Rats/Boyzone/Keating solo none of them have had a single that breached the top 20 here. In fact, of the few Irish names on the list not one is a name known outside of Ireland bar Westlife (and Six and Mickey Harte arent even known here anymore. We will always remember Mark McCabe, and Kavanagh still pops up once in a while with double entendre laden dittys that appeal to Leitrim folk )

'That tune is a classic'
    'We will always remember Mark McCabe'
    ??????????? :eek:

Have you lost your mind? Always remember Mark McCabe? I was actually lucky enough to have forgotten him until this thread reminded me of him and that truly awful 'tune'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

Indeed...classic my ****ing ass :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I agree with the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Tha Gopher wrote:
    but that tune is a fcuking classic

thats what dillusional thinking looks like in word form

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

what is it anyway - top 20 bestselling singles ever released in Ireland?

It is pretty shameful if its true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

its a sorry state of affairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

That list is essenitally the top 20 best selling singles form 1997 onwards, the guy behind the site was on radio a few weeks ago and he said the only realistic figures for chart sales in this country only go back to '97.

I would imagine songs like, say, 'Put Em Under Pressure' sold enough to get them in there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Nobody over the age of 14 should have liked Maniac 2000. And if they did back then, they should hate it now.

Advertisement