Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VERY low water pressure in Apt.

Options
  • 10-07-2006 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Ive gone through all similar threads but cant seem to find an answer spefic enough to fix my problem.

im in an apartment on the ground floor, have had loads of trouble with the water system but its mostly been fixed.

latest issue is the pressure has dropped to below one, giving a miserable shower. Its been this way for over a week now, it also happened last winter while we were away skiing for a week but it fixed itself in 5/6 days.

The plumber told me to keep an eye on the pressure before, said to keep it around 2 and use the release or increase valves to stabilise it. Now the increase (repressurise!!) valve is not doing anything. I can drop the pressure to zero but it takes time to come back up to 0.7. Usually i have to turn on the water boiler and bleed the rads.

There is some kind of pump installed, its a grundhig or something (im not there at the mo') and the shower is a mixer, thats all the info I can gleam off the equipment.

Any help or more info greatly appreciated!

Col

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Grundfos?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

I suspect that the pump you have is a flow pump and it's not working, that's why your shower pressure is low.
    The pressure clock on your boiler is to show how much pressure is in your heating system, it should work fine at 0.7 but higher is better.
    A new pump might also increase the pressure in your heating system.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

yeah Grundfos, thats it.

The heating is fine, the water is hot in the mornings and the rads do come in if i want them too.

So there's nothing i can do with the Grundfos thing then? There is some kind of small lever on the far side of it but I cant get back there to see what it should do.

Advertisement