Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digiweb not coming to farmers cross for 3-4 weeks

• 10-07-2006 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭

i've been waiting since the end of march for digiweb's new mast to go live as their current mast is pointing in the wrong direction to service my area. i was told on the 20/3/06 that the mast should be up and running by the end of april early may. i thought that was totally reasonable as i have no other BB options in my area.

then on the 1/6/o6 they stardted to take pre-orders and i thought all the problems were solved and was told that they would be out to my house by the end of june to do a LOS survey. this kept getting pushed back and back.

i asked again on the 25/6/06 when they would be coming so i could ensure i would be there and not miss them but was told it would be the middle of july maybe around the 20/7.07

i rang up again today and was told that it will be another 3-4 weeks which is an absolute joke.

thats almost 5 months of waiting around for them to get their act together. if i dont get it in 3-4 weeks and im telling them to shove their wireless BB where the sun dont shine.

they have made a number of excuses namely them waiting on a bit of kit that only ONE supplier has and now today they are saying they are waiting on a licence despite them having built the mast and have had plans for this site for 4 months. now i know that the problems might be out of their hands but they need to be straight with me!

anyone else in the same situation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Blocparty, and others.

It is not Digiweb's intention of messing around with dates or delaying anything, we certainly do not remain profitable doing this. Everything is being done to bring Farmer's Cross and another roughly 20 sites live on Metro over the coming months.

Unfortunately there is a chain of events to allow a site to come live, some of these are suppliers and then all the other items. In this case we have been let down by a supplier for equipment and are at their mercy. We cannot simply change a supplier in this case.

We do not like the situation, we certain are not happy either having orders (which cost time and money to get in the first place) and then not being able to get a base station or town live on our own scheduled dates.

The information from our sales team will be as accurate as they have it at any given time, no one is trying to lie or deceive. We could say nothing about any sites until the day they are live, in reality it sounds good, but it doesnt always work.

Bear with us while we work on getting these sites live. If you care to tell us 'to stick it' as so eloquently put in the post above, there is not much we can do about that then.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

i hate to say it but this is quickly becoming a joke. while i know its out of your hands there is no excuse for being told the end of april when in fact it will prob be the end of august if we're lucky. you've been very helpful and have answered every question i have asked and you are doing this on your own accord which i appreciate.

but all my waiting could turn into nothing as im not 100% defintie on getting metro because of my location.

is it totally out of the question to get an engineer out to have a look at my house to see if im eligible? i understand that a proper LOS can't be carried out but i would like to have some guarante that my waiting will pay dividends because there is another provider that can supply me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

All ISP's are more or less the same. My advice is to ignore the promises and go with what's available. The ADSL guys have six-month contracts these days so go with one of them and then reassess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

ya see thats where my problem is. the only other provider in my area is IBB which had been clearly outlined as a big no no by countless people on here. the only thing going for me is that the mast is in a relatively un populated area so the mast wouldnt be over subscribed.

ill wait and see

Advertisement