Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband options in Shankill (looking for NTL)

• 10-07-2006 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hey,
    Does anyone here have NTL broadband in the shankill area?
    A friend of mine, who lives about 80 metres away from me in Shankill, has it but when I ring up ntl, they tell me "we don't currently service your area".

Also, can anyone suggest a good alternative provider for broadband in Shankill? I've tried Smart with no luck. Don't want to have to go with Eircom

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

any takers on ntl in shankill?
    please prove me right and ntl wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Did you tell them that someone very close to you has NTL broadband?

I don't know how Cable broadband works exactly, but it could be that your friend is connected to a different cable network than you (though still NTL). If NTL say cable BB is not available at your address then I'd tend to believe them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I live in Dun Laoghaire and have had no luck with NTL, Smart or Digiweb, same old excuse! You might want to try UTV they offer a good package.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andrea

It all just depends on whether the cable to your house is 2 way or 1 way.

And, if it is 2 way, whether it has been released on the system as being BB enabled. There is an area out towards Shankill that is BB enabled.

The information the sales team have on this is usually right but an occasional address can slip through the net and if a house that close to you is 2 way then it may be worth mentioning that to them on the phone and asking them to double check it for you. Nothing to lose, even the call is free!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

jor el wrote:
    Did you tell them that someone very close to you has NTL broadband? ... If NTL say cable BB is not available at your address then I'd tend to believe them.

When the woman said they didn't service my area, I did ask how big my area was, explaining my friend having it on the same street. She got quite irrate with my question and basically just repeated "we don't service your area. Try again in a few months". I wish I got some more info out of these people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andrea

If you want to pm me your address I can check it for you.

Advertisement