Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rocket man

Options
  • 10-07-2006 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Hi, snowbie's comment in this post : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054949594 got me thinking... are we really moving forward with technology? Now NASA are going to use plain old rockets to take us forward. Is this a step backward, or is the greatest sophistication simplicity?
    What about ramjet scramjet, and the other what do you call it jet, what about launches from "rail gun" type thing? Also I saw that focused laser thing able to lift objects by heating the air underneath them with a series of pulses. Of course we all know the germans were experimenting with Anti grav tech during WW2 and the americans have this tech.... at least so I read on the Internet.;)
    Or is there any point at all in reusable vehicles, if they are super expensive like the shuttle.

Advertisement