Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LED LIGHTS : Little Help?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

In relation to cars, RHD generally means Right Hand Drive but in this instance I'm not sure what difference it would make.......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Why not ask the seller? As fletch said it's usually Right Hand Drive, which may mean the lights are for a European spec car which could be different to out LHD cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

My guess is that the seller uses a generic wording & format for all the lights he sells, and that the reference to RHD relates to headlamps. Use the "Ask seller a question" button to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manti452

already did :D Thought I would pick the brains of the many wise people here while awaiting my reply :rolleyes:

am just astounded by the price.. we really are getting ripped off here if these are genuine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Del2005 wrote:
    As fletch said it's usually Right Hand Drive, which may mean the lights are for a European spec car which could be different to out LHD cars.
    What are you smoking, sir? Right Hand Drive = the steering wheel is on the right-hand side of the car = cars HERE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Best to ask the seller but if you were Chris Tarrant and I had no lifelines I would guess it is to do with which side has the fog lamp and which has the reverse lamp.

'cptr

thanks for all the input.. he's replied with RHD stands for right hand drive.. mystery solved :p

just have to decide if they're genuine .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

manti452 wrote:
    already did :D Thought I would pick the brains of the many wise people here while awaiting my reply :rolleyes:

am just astounded by the price.. we really are getting ripped off here if these are genuine

I'd imagine they're aftermarket not genuine lights, but even at that it's not a bad price for rear LEDs - the ones for my car are over €200 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

What are you smoking, sir? Right Hand Drive = the steering wheel is on the right-hand side of the car = cars HERE.

Too long in work, brain has gone to mush. Must think before I type next time:o :o:o

Best to ask the seller but if you were Chris Tarrant and I had no lifelines I would guess it is to do with which side has the fog lamp and which has the reverse lamp.

'cptr

That makes sense, actually. OP - I'd confirm with the seller, you don't want to fail your next NCT over something like this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

I would guess it is to do with which side has the fog lamp and which has the reverse lamp.

Thats the way i'd read it as well

well asked about the reverse and fog lamps.. to see where they appear on the lights and got this in reply :
    The reverse lights are in the clear centre part of the light (the bottom half), I’m not 100% on the fog light to be honest as I’ve never fitted any but as they are e-marked, I’m sure they will have one and that it will be a cluster of led’s in the red section.

Don't think I'll be buying them now if he can't guarantee my fogs.. don't want some muppet ramming me :(

Oh well.. another pipe dream bust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

if they are e-marked then they must be up to suitable european standards. All emarked aftermarket lights will pass the nct. they will have fog lights as it is a straight swap from old headlights to new led ones. Same connectors and same lights.

if they are e-marked then they must be up to suitable european standards. All emarked aftermarket lights will pass the nct. they will have fog lights as it is a straight swap from old headlights to new led ones. Same connectors and same lights.

Yes, but does the foglight have to be on a particular side? And the reversing light? Or can both be on both sides? There are far more LHD cars in Europe than RHD, so it is quite possible that these lights were set up for LHD cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Anan1 wrote:
    Yes, but does the foglight have to be on a particular side? And the reversing light? Or can both be on both sides? There are far more LHD cars in Europe than RHD, so it is quite possible that these lights were set up for LHD cars.
    If there's just one fog light it has to be on the offside, i.e. right hand side for countries that drive on the left, left for those that drive on the right. Makes sense really.

the seller has stated in reply to my question that these are RHD lights.. all I need to find out is if they incorporate fog lights.. am still trying to find a retailer I can ring to ask :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

i'm guessing they are wired differently. one side has the wires for fogs the other for reverse. these lights are obviously just made with the same wiring plan as peugot's RHD models.

Well I've checked out similar lights on BESECURE.ie and the guy I spoke to on the phone there doesn't know either (says there's a lot of crappy merch out there). He says the manufacturer just doesn't tell them. I've emailed the manufacturer : FK Automotive in Germany to hopefully get a final answer and the seller on ebay to find out if they made the lights he's selling.. am thinking they are too good to be true.

appreciate your input guys :)

Advertisement