Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Works Notice

• 10-07-2006 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Got a flier in the door this morning letting me know that there will be some work done on cabling in my area… no cause for concern etc… just let me know etc…

Just wondering might this be a precursor to being broadband enabled? I used to have this service in my last house and I would really like to get it again.

Am I just clutching at straws?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

What did the notice look like??
    Was it white and purple? If so that's just a general"work in progress" card left by NTL.
    Sometimes you'll get a name and number on those cards but I doubt it had any contact info on it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

Yep it was a general "work in progress" card...

Cos I had this service before I would like to get it again. I am just hopeful that this work "might" be a precursor to broadband being available.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andrea

Whereabouts are you Wookie? It is possible you are in an area being upgraded to broadband...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

I got the same flier. Dublin 14.
    I rang NTL but they won't disclose what areas are being broadband enabled until they are done. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I got one aswell and i'm in D16. Are we talking about the ballyroan/butterfield area here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

Yep Marian Gove, Rathfarnham, D14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Ah sure that's just around the corner. I have my fingers crossed it's NTL putting in broadband but as i'm in a 6/12 month contract with digiweb i won't be switching for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andrea

If you got that letter from ntl then I'd say that you won't have to renew your digiweb contract when it's up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Wookie wrote:
    Yep Marian Gove, Rathfarnham, D14.

Hmmm...It's getting closer.:)
    Although parts of Ballyboden got the whole triple pack years ago.
    Think I'm stuck in a bad part of the network.:confused:

Advertisement